X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
    Size 10 Haix for Sale, Perfect, Supergrade Condition, €100 ono

Leinster Area

MOD:You are reminded of the rules laid down in post 10 on page one of this thread regarding the sale of issue kit.If the boots are none issue Haix please confirm by posting a self taken photo of said item with todays date imprinted.If you dont your post will be removed and an infraction will be awarded.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Boots are not issued, But can see no difference in them and my own issued ones, Will post a pic after work anyway
      Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
        Boots are not issued, But can see no difference in them and my own issued ones, Will post a pic after work anyway
        MOD:As the design of the issue version was bespoke for the DF I doubt that.Photos by 20:00Hrs tonight or the post gets pulled and an infraction awarded.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Upon examination both the spare boots and my own issue boots are identical so the sale of the spare pair has been cancelled
          Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

MOD: Smart choice.

Comment

Ara, I was looking forward to seeing a bitta leg.
              Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

Well I'm after flogging my belt kit, even made a wee profit on it. Didn't see the point in keeping webbing if we're all going to be issued vests and new bergens. If we don't get them this year, I'll just keep using my chest rig.

That said, if anyone is flogging a Karrimor SF Sabre Combat Vest, PM me. I wouldn't mind having my own vest if I can get away with it.

Comment

Seeing how ive just put together a set of CEMO and CEFO PLCE for myself in the barracks last week, ill be operating with Crusader and knock off vest out on the ground in future. the gear they gave me to assemble was only just serviceable. I will not go into the H&S issues of wearing the scummy, white fungus encrusted and riddled old model helmet that I was also "issued". Thankfully there were one or two items of issued kit Ive managed to hold onto miraculously between units including a helmet, thats clean and fits.
                  "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                  "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                    Seeing how ive just put together a set of CEMO and CEFO PLCE for myself in the barracks last week, ill be operating with Crusader and knock off vest out on the ground in future. the gear they gave me to assemble was only just serviceable. I will not go into the H&S issues of wearing the scummy, white fungus encrusted and riddled old model helmet that I was also "issued". Thankfully there were one or two items of issued kit Ive managed to hold onto miraculously between units including a helmet, thats clean and fits.
                    That's the issue I have most with the kit we're given. The helmets are absolutely manky. The CEFO (our stuff anyway) is in good enough nick but the lids are rotten. Straps missing, padding missing, mouldy etc etc.
                    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                    He put a bullet through his brain.
                    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                      That's the issue I have most with the kit we're given. The helmets are absolutely manky. The CEFO (our stuff anyway) is in good enough nick but the lids are rotten. Straps missing, padding missing, mouldy etc etc.
                      We (bizarrely) have got a pile of new helmets (the older issue ones), maybe a box of them was found in the DFTC. One of them will be swiftly swapped with my manky one!
                      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                        We (bizarrely) have got a pile of new helmets (the older issue ones), maybe a box of them was found in the DFTC. One of them will be swiftly swapped with my manky one!
                        I can only dream

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                          Well I'm after flogging my belt kit, even made a wee profit on it. Didn't see the point in keeping webbing if we're all going to be issued vests and new bergens. If we don't get them this year, I'll just keep using my chest rig.

That said, if anyone is flogging a Karrimor SF Sabre Combat Vest, PM me. I wouldn't mind having my own vest if I can get away with it.
                          Assuming you are allowed to wear your our kit!

Based on what Morpheus and Buck posted my continued advise is don't hold your breath on IPLCS!

Comment

This is the problem. The same thing is likely to happen to any pool issue kit. Helmets are sized for the individual, as is CBA and the backpacks. The "shred-focking-everything" Ross-O'Carroll kelly BS on size grounds is silly.

Consider.

1. Assume there are no large IPLCS helmets available from the pool ( to take one item )
                            2. There are only small ones left
                            3. You get a small helmet
                            4. You spend 72 hours rattling around with a wrong size kit
                            5. you trip and the strap breaks your neck

?
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              Assuming you are allowed to wear your our kit!

Based on what Morpheus and Buck posted my continued advise is don't hold your breath on IPLCS!
                              I'm fairly sure I'm good to wear my own gear, if not, then I'll wear what's issued. No biggy.

I have my own Gucci chest rig, daysack, bergen, helmet and active peltors to wear. If the powers that be want me to wear BER PLCE, a minging helmet that's a size too small for my bonce and won't accommodate a knackered pair of peltors and/or a PRR headset, then fine. It's their train set, if they want to break it, that's their business.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                                I'm fairly sure I'm good to wear my own gear, if not, then I'll wear what's issued. No biggy.

I have my own Gucci chest rig, daysack, bergen, helmet and active peltors to wear. If the powers that be want me to wear BER PLCE, a minging helmet that's a size too small for my bonce and won't accommodate a knackered pair of peltors and/or a PRR headset, then fine. It's their train set, if they want to break it, that's their business.
                                You're lucky you have your own gear like that and I like your attitude to the whole org in general.

I would go out and get my own helmet but I cannot justify spending €100+ on something I'd wear maybe twice a year tops. On top of that, who can say if something did happen (God forbid) that I'd be covered, seeing as I was wearing unissued and unapproved (by the DF gear).

Those active peltors are a nice bit of gear though; I know you mentioned it before on here but how much do they go for?