Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  154
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Engineers

Rashers the Engineer Sgt took out water every hour but the rdfta kept changing his locations not his fault.
    OK Smith it’s Colonel Decker. I hate it when a plan comes together. You’re surrounded. I want you and Peck and Baracus, to throw out your weapons, all the ration packs you stole and come out with your hands up. You have fifteen seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the guys from the south were miles ahead of the guys from the west in fact they came in an hour ahead of them.
    OK Smith it’s Colonel Decker. I hate it when a plan comes together. You’re surrounded. I want you and Peck and Baracus, to throw out your weapons, all the ration packs you stole and come out with your hands up. You have fifteen seconds.

3. Likes apod liked this post
    Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by colonel decker View Post
    Rashers the Engineer Sgt took out water every hour but the rdfta kept changing his locations not his fault.
    RDFTA changing timings/locations was the story of the camp.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

5. Likes madmark liked this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the guys from the south were miles ahead of the guys from the west in fact they came in an hour ahead of them.
    bollox, a coy (west) marched into the camp at 1530 ish, were lined up in front of cook house with the major when B Coy (South) came in in the trucks.

colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    just in. good week even with the crap weather.a coy far above the rest. a joke how some units sent troops out with lack of kit and haix

8. Likes Buck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Infy View Post
    bollox, a coy (west) marched into the camp at 1530 ish, were lined up in front of cook house with the major when B Coy (South) came in in the trucks.
    Yeah there were a lot of chokers who came in early hanging around.

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    chokers? get off your high horse, platoon attack for the vip's was carried out then coy attack, brew had and then back in. Would have been done earlier if B Coy didn't take so long to cross the start line. Not going to start a debate or slagging match, the reports coming back will speak for themselves. From what I have seen and heard, A Coy were better overall in my opinion. if you think B were fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Now where are the spoons?

11. Likes DeV, Buck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The real Jack View Post
    When I heard about the location where the "assesments" are being conducted.

What is wrong with the Glen??

Can Kilworth accommodate a bn minus ?
    We were told the overnight was going to be in the Curragh.
    During or before the week?

Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    Back ! Only those who were there will know about this
    I wasn't there but I'd say I know what your talking about.
    We didn't have a single water resupply over the entire week. The BTC had the recruit training ranges shut down
    Then there's the lack of opportunities for bods to go to the toilet.....
    There should only be a need for it on 2/3 days, the days of only carrying 1 litre are long gone
    ??
    That's what personal admin time is for
    Quote Originally Posted by Truck Driver View Post
    Who was the lead Bde for the assessments this year ?
    East for logs admin

Some units were completely unprepared in terms of basic pool issue kit and recruit level training

13. Thanks Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please stop with the trolling.... I know you're hungover after last night. Fentons was some madhouse last night. People were singing and playing the spoons
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    Back ! Only those who were there will know about this
    200 spoons have found new homes.
    The week would have been more enjoyable had there been not so many clusterf**ks, too much hurry up and wait for my liking

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Infy View Post
    chokers? get off your high horse, platoon attack for the vip's was carried out then coy attack, brew had and then back in. Would have been done earlier if B Coy didn't take so long to cross the start line. Not going to start a debate or slagging match, the reports coming back will speak for themselves. From what I have seen and heard, A Coy were better overall in my opinion. if you think B were fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Now where are the spoons?
    Fair enough we will all respect the right to have different views. The spoons were found in the rdfta billet by the camp staff. Yuri Geller must have been in A8 or something. It was enjoyable enough as they went.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    What is wrong with the Glen??

Can Kilworth accommodate a bn minus ?
    It's been accomodating Brigades for years, Bn Minus wouldnt be an issue.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

18. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie fish View Post
    It's been accomodating Brigades for years, Bn Minus wouldnt be an issue.
    If its the place in North Corkistan the dining complex would be far to small.

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    During or before the week?
    Before

There should only be a need for it on 2/3 days, the days of only carrying 1 litre are long gone
    ??
    On the day we set up patrol harbour H20 resupply was supposedly at 1900, I'd drank 3 of my 4 liters by whatever time we broke camp.

Day walking around the curragh the water and food resupply was 1 shitty roll, 1 banana and one apple. To drink there was ****ing MILK.

I drank 3 liters on the final day, how much do you expect us to carry to make up for incompetence and cluster****ery by the RDFTA ninjas?

If you're told there will be a resupply you're hardly going to bring a gallon of water.

That's what personal admin time is for
    There wasn't any, your drawing conclusions again on hearsay.

I wasn't there but I'd say I know what your talking about.
    So why did you need to say this;

Some units were completely unprepared in terms of basic pool issue kit and recruit level training
    ?

If you weren't there how can you possibly make conclusions like that?
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

21. Likes ollie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just in now. Enjoyed it and was very happy overall with the pln performance over the week. We learned loads and were fcucking raging to be pulled in off the ground at the eleventh hour. That shit with the spoons was some nonsense. We were delayed 30 mins because of it. Wesht is still the besht.
    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
    He put a bullet through his brain.
    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go.

23. Likes shanec, northie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before

On the day we set up patrol harbour H20 resupply was supposedly at 1900, I'd drank 3 of my 4 liters by whatever time we broke camp.

Day walking around the curragh the water and food resupply was 1 shitty roll, 1 banana and one apple. To drink there was ****ing MILK.

I drank 3 liters on the final day, how much do you expect us to carry to make up for incompetence and cluster****ery by the RDFTA ninjas?

If you're told there will be a resupply you're hardly going to bring a gallon of water.

This was the biggest fcuk up of the week for me. No water, the dryest roll in existence, a banana for me. You were lucky to get a sup of milk. 3 minutes to horse that into you and then A Coy went on to do another drill for a few hours. The only reason anyone got any water after the end of that second trg ex was because a certain coy from the west was switched on and had some water jerrycans and brought them out for all the troops.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    Surely water resupply was the responsibility of the Coys CQ, and the lack of it was down to him not doing his job?
    AFAIK there was a water bowser sent to the curragh by the rdfta (I could well be wrong on who sent it though) and I thought I saw it drive in but saw no sign of it on the ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got back at 7pm, spent roughly 5 hours in various types of transport to get home, joys of it!

There was water for us in the curragh that time??? I remember when we got back from our route march after the trucks (GO ON THE SOUTHHHH!!!!!!) there were 2 platoons? (could have been more there I dunno cudn't see) there already and all we had were some rolls and fruit, no hot meal, was sickened thinking hotlocks would be there!!! Most didn't bother with the milk just stayed with the water they carried out on the ground that morning.

Overall I really enjoyed the training, it was tough but fair at the end of the day, you were given a chance to justify yourself in your reasoning and it was good to get feedback from your own troops (apparently they don't like wading through water) rather than just being told what you did wrong.

27. Likes DeV liked this post
    Electro Technical Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see one unit stayed on the ground both nights of the assessment, the weather was bad ass.

29. Likes Mr. Tezza, ltsmarty liked this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    full overseas units use and brigade ex use it we stager meal times..

31. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Likes Truck Driver liked this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    did a company attack in kilworth a few years ago, plenty of room in the place. Regarding water re-sup, it is up to the individual soldier to carry enough water to keep them going. Just because you are told it will be there at a certain time doesn't mean it will be, only an exercise but think of the reality, what if your re-supply was hit up and unable to get to you? How someone can drink 3 litres of water in 5/6hrs when all we did was move to a harbour area is beyond me, 2 litres generally would keep me going for a day with spare 2 litres with me at all times. It's not africa we were in. Not sure on the distance your Coy moved but wouldn't have been more than a few km.

Anyways onwards and upwards.

33. Likes Mr. Tezza, DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dining "complex" is only for barrack rats...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

35. Likes Bravo20, ollie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    3-4 Litres carried would be the norm.2 Litres in Camelbak and 1-2 in Bottles.NCOTW SOP is 4 Litres.
    Resup should be on demand through Pln sgt back to CS and then to CQ. If a Pln was looking for to many Resups the Pln Sgt would get a kick up the ass from the CS as he has to to Resup ALL Locations in the Coy but the Pln would still get it's water.
    "105,000 dead. 40,000,000 unemployed. Police murdering African-Americans. You’ve completed you’re mission. You’ve made America great. Now get the f**k out."

- Rob Reiner.

"Yes he's an idiot with zero common sense,and no social skills,but he IS my son.I just hope he never goes into politics.He'd be a disaster.

- Mary Anne Trump

#unfollowtrump

37. Likes DeV, Truck Driver, hptmurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    3-4 Litres carried would be the norm.2 Litres in Camelbak and 1-2 in Bottles.NCOTW SOP is 4 Litres.
    Resup should be on demand through Pln sgt back to CS and then to CQ. If a Pln was looking for to many Resups the Pln Sgt would get a kick up the ass from the CS as he has to to Resup ALL Locations in the Coy but the Pln would still get it's water.
    Look,the East in camp Hq sent out Rashers driving the fastest water bowzer in the world he went to the resup points the rdfta ningidiots gave over and over again but they kept changing the plan...hence no resup both in Curragh and in Glen...
    Not cs or cq problem.

39. Likes The real Jack, thedollar liked this post
    Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard one or two saying "sure it's not enjoyable when it's raining" as good reasoning for pulling troops off the ground. Last time I checked I was in the military and not the boy scouts. I know there are health and safety concerns but if you can't prepare for a bit of getting wet without crawling to the nearest medic you need to reconsider why you joined.

41. Likes thedollar, Buck, The real Jack liked this post

Thread Information