No announcement yet.

Assessments 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't be hard to have all NCO's and officers come in on a Sat/Sun/full weekend once a year to get the info and then implement it into training
    This is one of the reasons this assessment is being extended to try and see if this format is better for pushing base doctrine down to where it needs to get to.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Perhaps the assessments should be extended from 2 days to 7 so that this could be addressed.
      have to agree, Assess the whole unit rather than the section, platoon on the ground, from the top down...and then disband them!!!
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Vamp369 View Post
        Although they may know all about the new doctrine, thats no good on an assessment. New TTP's need to be passed on first before they can be assessed. It wouldn't be hard to have all NCO's and officers come in on a Sat/Sun/full weekend once a year to get the info and then implement it into training
        All ye have to do is ask.We are there.We have the knowledge.we can pass it on.
        one caveat.
        Nothing more disheartening for outside instructor to put alot of time into a presentation/skills lesson and then only have a few turn up.maximum numbers would need to be sorted beforehand.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by On a tank trip View Post
          As posted early on in this thread about buying boots, DON'T if the PDF officers and staff want to see the RDF to there standards, then give them to tools to do so, ye do no favours to yourselves by buying kit that should be issued.
          When I joined up the only boots on issue to RDF were the barrack boots (24bs?). I spent nearly €200 on meindls which i have for nearly 8 years at this stage, they should last another 2. I haven't had the time to travel to the nearest clothing stores to my barracks to pick up Magnums which is almost 100 miles away. So in your infinite wisdom I should have soldiered on for years with cardboard 24bs and then upgrade to magnums which are shite anyway? Instead of €20 a year I should endure blisters and discomfort for a couple of weeks at a time? You'll go far.
          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

When I heard about the location where the "assesments" are being conducted.

Last edited by The real Jack; 10 August 2012, 15:07.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post

That bad?
              I knew a simple soldier boy.....
              Who grinned at life in empty joy,
              Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
              And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
              With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
              He put a bullet through his brain.
              And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
              Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
              Sneak home and pray you'll never know
              The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                That bad?
                Usual common sense type RDF thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                  That bad?
                  Usual common sense type RDF thinking.
                  How about we discuss this after the event?

Comment

good idea.

Comment

Well, that was good craic

Comment

Back ! Only those who were there will know about this

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                          Surely the Glen is the obvious place, where would you have it?
                          We were told the overnight was going to be in the Curragh.

Assessments 2012 - "Cluster****s will continue until morale improves"

Comment

The assessments. Sponsored by "Arks by Noah"

Comment

One officer came in off ground intercepted sandwitches and ate several from his helmet in front of starving men he should have been horse whipped and checked for spoons of course.

Comment

Whats this about Knockinarrigan being twinned with Wichita, Kansas?

Comment

Working...
                                X