No announcement yet.

Boots Meindl or Matterhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try the british pro-boot , gore-tex, lined and they look like a pair of barrack boots . i' ve had mine for the past six years and they've never let me down
    :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Magnum Elites or the british pro-boot. They are the only job.
      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
      http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Haix Boots: What's the verdict?

Those of you who have the Haix Combat / Safety boots which are on issue, what's the verdict? Are they much better than the Matterhorns? How do they compare to Meindls etc...?

Comment

For those of you looking for a spare pair of barrack boots(or combat boots on a budget) the British pattern Assault boot is beginning to appear in various outlets.
          I found new pairs for sale in Midleton today for €55(most sizes). Not unlike our current issue combat boot,but without the cushioned ankle.(Available in the IMO store permanently reduced to €49.99. These are genuine boots, not copies or seconds.)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Ahem...

It's a better boot than the current RDF issue, it offers more support & had a padded tongue. Stick in a decent insole & bob's your uncle.
            Last edited by FMolloy; 29 June 2005, 09:02.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Well you know how "some people" complain we dont advertise our compeditors....The boot looks pretty hard to me,but is an excellent choice while we wait for the Haix,and the stocks of JBs get smaller...The tongue is full length....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I gave in my size to gat my new haix protective boots for camp!

Bout bloody time
                The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

i have meindl eagles, they are very light and so excellent for battle pt and tactics, but made my big toe nails fall off after a route march for some unknown reason! I wouldnt really recommend them for climbing mountaind though, they are too low and not very warm. One more disadvantage is that they are very hard to tighten around your leg enough due to the way the tongue slots in between the laces (hard to explain but if youve skinny legs beware!)
                  Alot of people swear by the army pros though i havnt tried them. Any one tried magnum v lites??

Comment

I've had magnum (storm) and they aren't breathable at all and not too comfortable after alot of wear. Had matterhorns (still use them) but they arent a tru ground boot. Now use Meindl Army Pro's and am extremely satsfied having put them through alot of use and abuse by now.

As for Magnum V lites, I know a guy who had a pair and the zip (sidezip) gave up after not too long.

Comment

No doubt about it meindils are the more superior of the choices
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                        For those of you looking for a spare pair of barrack boots(or combat boots on a budget) the British pattern Assault boot is beginning to appear in various outlets.
                        I found new pairs for sale in Midleton today for €55(most sizes). Not unlike our current issue combat boot,but without the cushioned ankle.(Available in the IMO store permanently reduced to €49.99. These are genuine boots, not copies or seconds.)

The sole on the boots are the first to go. Comfortable yes, but not as long lasting as the previously issued boots. Personally I wear German para boots, slightly heavier than the average pair of boots but none the less still a good pair of boots.

Comment

Anybody ever had a pair of lowa?!?
                          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Personnally Folks I would go for the Haix Boot On issue to the Irish Defence Forces I have them myself they of higher to both of the afore mentioned boots Meindls/Matterhorns The Boots are availble to be purchased by the public (Mainly RDfF personnel have purchased them i was told) they are also cheaper than the Two mentioned to boots and come both variants i.e Protective Steel Toe Cap or Indfanry Stlye they are a superb boot that are fully Goretex and great value and really a good investment (I recently used them on Last PSO EX in the glen a month ago and came up thrumps!!!!!) If you i will post ccontact dealer info soon once i find it!!
                            British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
                            Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

I have a pair of Lowa, they're excellent boots.
                              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Personnally Folks I would go for the Haix Boot On issue to the Irish Defence Forces
                                the hard toed ones are way too heavy to be doing anything of a tactical nature

Comment

Working...
                                X