Naval Officer Cross-training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    Someone is telling porky pies here I think.

http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...l=1#post368860
    I was at the time, but it was unfortunately a temporary placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      Well I hate to burst your bubble but to become an Officer Candidate in the USN you have to be a US Citizen. You must also have a four-year BS or BA degree from an accredited university and have strong grades.
      You are well off on the UAV operator in this states DF. They are not pilots.

Mods. Do we have to tolerate these WUMS?
      I want to join the NS, as for the USN I could apply for that too, I have dual citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Well the Artillery fly them on land.

AFAIK UAV Oprs in the DF aren't pilots.

There are some in the RN too I'm sure.
        You could be right, I'm just going on the USAF and USN model of qualified pilots operating UAV's.

Comment

Well who is going to fly the Navy's new UAV's on the new patrol vessels?

Lol if your small enough to fly An uav, you won't pass the medical
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.s View Post
            UAV operators are actually qualified pilots.
            Yes, in much the same way as people that play Medal of Honor are soldiers and people that use remote control cars are all qualified drivers.

If you want to discuss some of the intricacies of joining the NS and the roles that various people are able to perform I suggest that you contact the Manpower Officer, details can be found here . They should be able to clear up any issues that you have and ensure that you receive correct answers to any questions you may have.

Hope that this helps

Comment

Originally posted by midnight oil View Post
              Yes, in much the same way as people that play Medal of Honor are soldiers and people that use remote control cars are all qualified drivers.

If you want to discuss some of the intricacies of joining the NS and the roles that various people are able to perform I suggest that you contact the Manpower Officer, details can be found here . They should be able to clear up any issues that you have and ensure that you receive correct answers to any questions you may have.

Hope that this helps
              Nice wordplay but you're still missing the fact that UAV operators in many Air Forces and navies are in fact qualified pilots, including but not limited to the USN and USAF.
              I will enquire with them, however the NS facebook page operators did confirm that officers were able to go on military courses in countries such as the U.S

Comment

The NS will hardly seek that only officers can operate the UAVs.

Comment

In the Arty, you need an officer to command the UAV detachment AFAIK. The detachment consists of 4 pers to operate the craft. No idea what is going to be involved in the event of the NS getting UAVs though as they can be anything from a couple of feet long to the size of a full plane depending on what they get

Comment

I'm not sure of the class of UAV they are getting, but I would think they would operate on a system of officers and NCOs fly the craft, and other ranks service it... could be wrong it all depends.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.s View Post
                      I'm not sure of the class of UAV they are getting, but I would think they would operate on a system of officers and NCOs fly the craft, and other ranks service it... could be wrong it all depends.
                      You are.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The other forces that have officers flying UAVs did so in order to provide jobs for the boys & to allow said officers to maintain pilot status. There's no other reason for it.
                        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                          if your small enough to fly An uav, you won't pass the medical
                          He could pass the medical, but there's no way he is passing the hight req

Comment

I seen this picture on Facebook of a Canadian Officer taken onboard LE Aisling.

Attached Files

Comment

White glove inspection no doubt.

Comment

Canadian and Irish Officers have a training exchange programme alright!

Comment

Working...
                                X