MP's going to an Inf Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP's going to an Inf Unit

Was asked this and could not give an answer, so can anyone quote regs or know of this happening?

The question was " if the MP's (NCO's of course) transfer in to the Inf will they be allowed to hold there ranks"

There was a whole series of questions both for and against after this, but that is for another day, the Toy show is on in a few minutes

Originally posted by On a tank trip View Post
    Was asked this and could not give an answer, so can anyone quote regs or know of this happening?

The question was " if the MP's (NCO's of course) transfer in to the Inf will they be allowed to hold there ranks"

There was a whole series of questions both for and against after this, but that is for another day, the Toy show is on in a few minutes
    If they haven't done the full PNCOs course then they will have to go back to Private.

Comment

Originally posted by On a tank trip View Post
      DFR A18 Para 31

You MUST be offered a similar rank in another unit which is the same corps. Therefore, you must stay as an MP with the new MP unit.

However, you may apply to the GOC for permission to revert to a lower rank if you wish to take an appointment in a different corps.

Still looking so may come up with something more.

Comment

Actually DFR R5 Para 20 (2) has it all.

You may apply to transfer corps in which case you must lose a rank unless you have the PNCOs Cse done for that specific corps.

So Signals, AD, Engineers, Infantry, Artillery, Cavalry, transport, Medics all get to keep their rank because they all do the same PNCOs Cse. They may be transferring corps, but they have already completed the required tests within their new corps and keep their rank (this does not apply in some cases and some courses but would for Cpls & Sgts).

All would have completed the same tests and done the same training at their rank so have an entitlement to their rank within those corps.

An MP Cpl transfers, they lose their rank. But if any other corps were to transfer to MP Corps, they would also lose their rank so it is a double edged sword.
        Last edited by Docman; 30 November 2012, 22:17.

Comment

There are MP's being moved to an Inf Unit in the new re-org.. They have done the MP course only and they are keeping their rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman
            1. Read the regs. An MP has to remain an MP. They cannot be changed - They must APPLY to transfer accepting that they will lose their rank.
            2. If they get an appointment over another infantry cpl, that cpl has valid case for redress of wrongs.
            3. Without doing a proper PNCOs Cse, they are going to have one very hard time as a cpl - just compare the 2 syllabi and you will see just how much they have not done.
            4. TC 10/92 Para 1 specifically prohibits MP Cpl from keeping their ranks and lays out a list of training and tests they must complete before they can get their rank back.

If someone says they can transfer and keep their rank, well he had better have it is writing from way up the line or it is going to cause major grief down the line. Anyway, why would an MP Cpl want to keep their rank? Anyone going into the MPs would know how much they have to do in order to get up to standard - the MP Corps would insist on them losing the rank. Why should an MP transferring to infantry expect different and why would they want to keep their rank knowing how much they don't know? I mean, the Ptes they would be over would know more about being an Infantry soldier than the MP would. Keeping their rank with such a knowledge gap completely undermines any authority they have.
            This is why I rarely post in here any more.. being contradicted by an RDF man who gets his info from DF websites and hearsay and has little working knowledge of the internal workings of the DF. ... I'm telling you that's what is happening in the re-org. Two Friends of mine are being moved to an Inf Unit and retaining their rank. Forget the DFR's and any other stuff you spend your time reading this re-org is something unprecedented in the DF's history.
            Last edited by Craghopper; 30 November 2012, 23:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
              If they haven't done the full PNCOs course then they will have to go back to Private.
              MP's with 5+ years service before 2006 will retain their rank but limited to CS or CSS. MP's after 2006(done the MP cse after 2006 ) have an Inf Module done so they can go where they want.
              Last edited by Craghopper; 30 November 2012, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
                MP's with 5+ years service before 2006 will retain their rank but limited to CS or CSS. MP's after 2006(done the MP cse after 2006 ) have an Inf Module done so they can go where they want.
                Who got shafted Crag?
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                  Who got shafted Crag?
                  Check PM's.

Comment

That's good news especially for the lads in Athlone.

Comment

Check PM's.
                      Surely that should be MPs
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                        Surely that should be MPs
                        An Army Reserve MP Captain transferred to the NSR a couple of years ago and did not drop a rank
                        An Mp Corp is transferring to the NSR at the moment and is keeping his rank.

Comment

At least I can read english - read the bloody Question asshole.
                          I don't care what you THINK you know, those MPs are transferring to my Inf Coy....and I am telling you the way it is going to be. Whatever you THINK you know about who I am or where I am getting my info, KNOW that I know far more about the situation than you do or you THINK I know.
                          You're refering to RDF MP's, I'm referring to PDF MP's.

Comment

As I said, I read the Question, You didn't. You ASSUMED you knew what was being asked and you didn't. You made many assumptions. It makes no different whether it was RDF or PDF MPs, the question was to "quote the regs" etc. That I did. No need for the bloody attitude.
                            Yes I made assumptions and I put my hand up.... However, my post still stands regarding PDF MP's. PDF Military Police are being moved from an MP Unit into an Inf Unit and they are retaining their rank.

Comment

Yes I made assumptions and I put my hand up.... However, my post still stands regarding PDF MP's. PDF Military Police are being moved from an MP Unit into an Inf Unit and they are retaining their rank.
                              And I hold my hand up - when the OP mentioned re-org I assumed it was RDF Re-org given the situation that RDF MPs may be transferring to Inf Units.

Lets just leave it that we both made assumptions

Comment

Working...
                              X