X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    Of course!

Sluggie, in that case it was a 8 day course AFAIK
    Yes it was. For which I recieved 10 days pay just like the PDF. I thought that was what was being discussed here?

Comment

• I know of 10 day courses where only 10 days pay has been given (not 12).

Comment

• OH FOR FFS yez are being ridiculous. RDF courses where appropriate are stated on the syllabus - 7/14 paid FTT days.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• If the courses can be run within the parameters of FTT they should be paid.Modular courses over weekends etc, there dosen't seem to be a mechanism to pay people given there is only seven days FTT available per person.

How do RDF people now participate in PDF courses that exceed FTT limits without being out of pocket?

Have to say the VFM commitee have set it up brilliantly to contrive to destroy a reserve as it standings by narrowing the opportunities for currencey or advancement to those who do not need financial reimbursement for time spent training and having course run in windows of time which agaimn may not suit the reservist.

And they have covered all their options where reservist can be commited to regimental duties with or without pay as part of FTT, capped at 7 days which may preclude persons from attending other events, unless they are prepared to be out of pocket.

Croke Park 3 for reservists!
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Certain basic RDF syllabi are 14 days FTT. This is paid. There is no concept of completing these on yer own time ( well not yet anyway ). This is friggin lunatic
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• wat is the pay for a cpl in the rdf now ,honest question cause i aint been away since 07
              who threw the smoke in the van

Comment

• Originally posted by slapper View Post
                wat is the pay for a cpl in the rdf now ,honest question cause i aint been away since 07
                Are you saying you're still in the RDF and haven't done any paid training since 2007?

Comment

• You must have back pay coming to you.
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• ya one thing or another lead to it inc herself ending up in hospital for 3 weeks so i had to mind the kids
                    who threw the smoke in the van

Comment

• Probably got an appointment too in the re-org!

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                        So how are you still "effective" - you should have been gotten rid of years ago.
                        Posted non-effective and discharged

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                          So how are you still "effective" - you should have been gotten rid of years ago.
                          Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          Posted non-effective and discharged
                          I think we all know this hasnt been happening to the fullest; Only in death.
                          Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
                          Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

• I changed units about 3/4 years, but in the sub-unit i moved from if you were 1 hour short of being effective you were posted non-effective (you can only be multiples of 2 but you know what I mean).

The amount of things that were on there was no excuse.

Once posted non-effective you were actively encouraged to either commit (and apply to return to the effective list, CO wanted a guarantee at one stage) or apply for discharge.

If you no attempt, once your TOE was up or you were 2 years (I think it is) non-effective, it was discharge city!

Some units probably only started doing this when recruitment was cut back.

Comment

• While tidying over the weekend I rediscovered 2 letters, reflecting clearly how things were.

One from the Bn OC, sent in february of that year, informing me that i had not fulfilled my commitment during the prior year, and that should I not respond to the letter I would be placed on the non effective list, and at a later stage, discharged. It also demanded that I return the items of uniform as listed on the back of the letter. The back of the letter was blank, so I returned everything that was requested
                              My term of engagement was up in november of that year anyway, so I ignored it.

Letter 2, sent in December of that year, from the Company commander reminding me that my term of engagement had lapsed and I needed to either sign on for another 3 years, or be discharged.

I replied to my Company Commander, thanking him for his letter, and providing me with the opportunity to serve, and requested my discharge effective from the date of expiry of my previous term.

I still have not heard from the Bn OC. I Have the uniform in the wardrobe still if he wants it...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldie fish View Post
                                it also demanded that i return the items of uniform as listed on the back of the letter. The back of the letter was blank, so i returned everything that was requested
                                lmfao...
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X