No announcement yet.

Military Guard Ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No ban.Honest observation.There are fewer than 800 pre 94 contract(no fitness test,no courses, no overseas)soldiers currently serving in the DF.What usually tends to happen is when a unit has a lot on like a big exercise for example which uses up their fittest and youngest then the auld sweats are brought out of their handy jobs for a few days to take up the slack.I dont know if that the case here but I would say i am not too far off the mark
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Very Slick drill, some of the best I've seen from the event. One criticism, they are using the first beat of the drum to execute the first part of the movement as opposed to the word of command.Probably intended but not my own preference.

Reverse arms looks as complex as it did with the older style drill which adds to the skill perceived.
      And the final point,

Jasus she has some arse in those trousers!
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Jaysus shes poured into those trousers
        Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
          Jaysus shes poured into those trousers
          Poss not the most sensible aspect of the ceremony to highlight,a heap of BAs got into bother lately for circulating a list of the units duty beautys.

Comment

This weekend, Air Corps.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

very well done lads

Comment

Recognise at least ex RDF member.

Also, was the video cut at 1.30?

Comment

"28th Inf Bn on Military Ceremonial Guard on the National Monument in Merrion Square on 17 August 2013"

Comment

Have to say the AC 'peaker' is far smarter than the berets.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                      Have to say the AC 'peaker' is far smarter than the berets.
                      Smarter than the forage cap too

Comment

"Naval Service on Ceremonial Duty at the National Monument in Merrion Square Dublin on Saturday 24 August 2013"

Comment

Well done, great drill and smart looking Sailors.
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Was in the area on Saturday and made it my business to get there. Navy were perfect, very well turned out, Uniforms ironed inch perfect, with a CPO prowling up and down watching and timing everything. Hardy applause from the people present as they marched away. Felt very proud watching it.
                            From day one of this ceremony starting the standard was set high,

Comment

I heard a strange order there..... "bualigh am"!!

Now where did they get that from? Oh yes, something called "the manual of footdrill".

Comment

I heard a strange order there..... "bualigh am
                                Love it!

fantastic display....right up the point you see 'moggys' head and it all just goes wrong after that!

Saved the best till last!

Comment

Working...
                                X