Defence forces Deployment to UNDOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
    Don't forget the ugly women who get rejected and then go on to be the most vocal of the anti-army group
    You're thinking Claire Daly here aren't you?

Comment

• AO Map http://www.un.org/Depts/Cartographic/map/dpko/undof.pdf

Reminder of trouble areas
      The UN Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) reports that, early this morning, UN Position 69 was fired upon by armed elements. The Mission’s Force Reaction Group has been deployed to the position and all 32 Filipino personnel from this position have been extricated and are now safe.

UNDOF reports that armed elements also attacked UN Position 68 with mortar and heavy machine gun fire. The UN peacekeepers returned fire and prevented the attackers from entering the position. Position 68 is currently under fire, preventing the personnel from moving out.

UNDOF has also withdrawn personnel from Observation Post 52 as a precautionary measure after firing in their vicinity.

We are still working towards the safe release of the detained 44 Fijian peacekeepers from Position 27.
      Thats a nasty AO to patrol
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• The last of the besieged Filipino troops have safely withdrawn on foot from their outpost under the cover of darkness after a seven hour firefight. The Syrian army provided indirect fire support.

Filipino peacekeepers safe after 'greatest escape'

Comment

• Link to Video clip of of the UNDOF mechanized forcebringing the 32 Philippine soldiers who had escaped encirclement at Burey'qah (Position 69)) to UNDOF's Camp Ziouani.

All the images of the Irish Mowags that I have seen are armed with a .5, are there any with a 30mm ?

Comment

• No. Because...kittens/neutrality?
            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

• Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
              Don't forget the ugly women who get rejected and then go on to be the most vocal of the anti-army group
              Mick, Is that you?

Comment

• Originally posted by B Inman View Post
                Link to Video clip of of the UNDOF mechanized forcebringing the 32 Philippine soldiers who had escaped encirclement at Burey'qah (Position 69)) to UNDOF's Camp Ziouani.

All the images of the Irish Mowags that I have seen are armed with a .5, are there any with a 30mm ?

.5 isn't to be underestimated.

There are definitely CRVs (up to 40mm) there not sure about MRVs

Comment

• [QUOTE=DeV;416611].5 isn't to be underestimated.

There are definitely CRVs (up to 40mm) there not sure about MRVs[\QUOTE]

I think the CRV's over there are just rocking .5's but can't be 100% sure.

There's no MRV's. The troops are seriously lacking firepower over there, something which needs to be rectified.

Comment

• unfortunatley there are no Gmg,s or 30 mm..
                    i hope this changes the 30mm will take the bend out of any enemy..

Comment

• unfortunatley there are no Gmg,s or 30 mm..
                      i hope this changes the 30mm will take the bend out of any enemy..
                      also say footage on al jazeera this morning it showed our lads , but as the cars were not in hull down id believe the clip is either after the event or in their compound before the form up.

Comment

• Most Irish soldiers return to UN base in Golan Heights

Fianna Fáil TD and party defence spokesman Seán Ó Fearghaíl has suggested the current Irish contingent of soldiers in the Golan Heights should have their time there extended if the current difficulties being experienced there continue.

Comment

• Defence Minister Simon Coveney last night came under pressure to guarantee the safety of Irish troops in the Golan Heights after they were involved in a dramatic gun battle with Islamic militants.

Slightly hysterical indo article here.

Amazingly,most of the comments are readable

Comment

• You spoke too soon with regards to the comments section .

Anybody have any experience working with Filipino troops?, they seem to have done a cracking job here. Not only refusing to surrender but extracting themselves during the night.
                            Determined bunch of chaps!
                            "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your coffee." - Lady Astor....
                            ''Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it'' - Winston Churchill

Comment

• i see that Ireland is a fully paid-up member of the Zio-Protestant Alliance. excellent, i knew you'd see sense...

Comment

• I as pondering the absence of the actual realistic potent means of 'safeguarding' Irish troops in places like this i.e. reinforcing and upgunning in the Irish political dialectic.

Then I realised, it's still a forbidden idea for Irish troops to kill bad men, note how carefully worded press releases are shaped to avoid any indication of the Army's capacity for violence.

Yet among the non-pacifist waking in the face of genocide portion of the genital pubic, the army is excorciated for its lack of violence...damned if you do, damned if you don't.
                                "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
                                X