Thanks Thanks:  439
Likes Likes:  934
Dislikes Dislikes:  20
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo20 View Post
    The article states that the DOD is pointing the finger at the UN.
    I don't believe an airline exists that would not apply for clearance to do its job. The granting of clearance lies with the Lebanese Aviation Authority

and I would not say it's a very busy Airport, with a delay until Sunday difficult to comprehend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geopolitical reasons?
    Would it be the result of Trump's recent declaration on Israel and the Golan Heights?
    Well, government doesn't stop just because the country's been destroyed! I mean, annihilation's bad enough without anarchy to make things even worse!

3. Likes Flamingo, DeV liked this post
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTU View Post
    Geopolitical reasons?
    Would it be the result of Trump's recent declaration on Israel and the Golan Heights?
    Some country's are constant meddlers and dismantlers within the UN and should be named by that organisation. The UN seems to be happy to join in with other NGO's rather than a Global oversite force demanding compliance by ALL members.

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are attributing far too high a political importance to this. Not everything is a conspiracy sometime it is just a **** up by people who should have known better.

6. Likes Flamingo, Shaqra, DeV, sofa liked this post
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo20 View Post
    You guys are attributing far too high a political importance to this. Not everything is a conspiracy sometime it is just a **** up by people who should have known better.
    If the same thing happens twice with the same parameters, then there is design, or a particular UN department is staffed by people that need further training???

Post Thanks / Like
    Strangely enough both delays were caused by 2 different **** ups. Its a disgrace, but the root cause is particular individuals not doing their job as opposed to international politics

9. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could be that the chartered airline being Ethiopian airlines were the last to have a major crash in Beirut airport? As it stands new plane is coming to take us out of here
    Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

11. Thanks DeV, Flamingo, EUFighter thanked for this post
    Likes Flamingo liked this post
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spider pig View Post
    Could be that the chartered airline being Ethiopian airlines were the last to have a major crash in Beirut airport? As it stands new plane is coming to take us out of here
    Good Post. A plausible reason emerges. TKS. Safe home.

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I hate to be on the same side as the USA attacking the UN this is again showing something that needs to change. How it supports Peacekeepers and their missions needs to take stock of the lessons of the last 70 years and move on. But not just the UN, this could be a chance for the EU to step up with a more pro-active plan. All contingents need air transport, all are pretty much knw well in advance (except for urgent issues) so why does the EU not set-up a transport unit to support peacekeeping missions. The Germans have tried to set-up a multi-national force to operate the 13 A400Ms that they no longer want. These could form the core of a future EU Peacekeeping air transport Wing a bit like the way the C17s in the NATO Airlift Wing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EUFighter View Post
    As much as I hate to be on the same side as the USA attacking the UN this is again showing something that needs to change. How it supports Peacekeepers and their missions needs to take stock of the lessons of the last 70 years and move on. But not just the UN, this could be a chance for the EU to step up with a more pro-active plan. All contingents need air transport, all are pretty much knw well in advance (except for urgent issues) so why does the EU not set-up a transport unit to support peacekeeping missions. The Germans have tried to set-up a multi-national force to operate the 13 A400Ms that they no longer want. These could form the core of a future EU Peacekeeping air transport Wing a bit like the way the C17s in the NATO Airlift Wing.
    To me that just sounds like a way for us to sponge off other EU nations vastly large military budgets. Personally I think we just need to grow up and invest. The RNZAF does it. I wouldn't be a huge fan of moves towards an EU military anyway. The rest of Europe is better off keeping it all in NATO.

15. Likes sofa liked this post
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rotation has been sorted

17. Likes DeV, apod, Flamingo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not support sponging and think we would have to pay a share of any Airlift Wing. Also given the level of our contribution to peacekeeping of share should be inline with this. We are the 3rd biggest contributor to UN missions in the EU so I would expect we would pay for 2-3 aircraft. These would be not just for UN missions but also HADR as well.

19. Likes Rocinante liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see everyone got home, eventually!

Welcome back

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019...ublin-airport/
    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

21. Likes sofa, DeV, Turkey liked this post

Thread Information