Alouette III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

€1.9m even in todays money. One of the best investments ever made.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Gus O' Connor fancied our housekeeper and would hover down to 40' in our garden in Clontarf to wave at her if transiting with time and fuel to spare! She eventually married a techie from Bal

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest View Post
          Gus O' Connor fancied our housekeeper and would hover down to 40' in our garden in Clontarf to wave at her if transiting with time and fuel to spare! She eventually married a techie from Bal
          And I bet Nanny wasn't too impressed .
          Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Originally posted by Laners View Post
            And I bet Nanny wasn't too impressed .
            Not to mention the groundskeeper and the footmen.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
              VFM

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                Yes and no,the longevity meant that replacement dates were pushed out to a point that we could never replace them on a one for one basis based on cost alone
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Well, that is the trouble with all aircraft, if the avionics are basic, and the powerplant and airframe is well maintained, it can theoretically go on forever, as long as you can source spares. DC3 or AN-2 for example.
                  There is however a common illness within the civil service. They would prefer to spend €4.5M a year on maintaining old aircraft/vehicles/equipment, rather than spending €6m on new ones.

Comment

SOFEMA still have our old ones.

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1350676080118546433

Comment

I read somewhere that when Krupp was barred from operation after WW 2 had ended, the only weapon that escaped the net was this 20mm MG 151, which had been the standard 20mm gun for the Luftwaffe, so a new company called Rheinmetall was formed and the family who owned it touted the gun around the world,using examples saved from the bombed out factories and salvaged from wrecked aircraft. For some reason, it wasn't included in the production ban but could be built outside Germany and it is still in widespread service to this day.

Comment

Working...
                        X