Irish DPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish DPM

Guys, can someone point me In the right direction for an actually law or order forbidding the wearing of DPM by civilians.

Had a chap tell me that once the Ireland flash was removed it was okay to wear,i replied BULLSHIT! JUST WANT TO SHOVE IT TO HIM NOW!

Originally posted by mercurydoc View Post
    Guys, can someone point me In the right direction for an actually law or order forbidding the wearing of DPM by civilians.

Had a chap tell me that once the Ireland flash was removed it was okay to wear,i replied BULLSHIT! JUST WANT TO SHOVE IT TO HIM NOW!
    Defence Act 1954, Section 264

Unlawful wearing of uniform.

(1) If any person (not being a member of the Defence Forces) wears, without permission granted by or on behalf of the Minister, any uniform of the Defence Forces or any colourable imitation thereof, such person shall be guilty of an offence under this section and shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a fine not exceeding ten pounds or, at the discretion of the court, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding three months.

(2) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply in respect of the wearing of any uniform of the Defence Forces or any colourable imitation thereof in the course of a stage play or other dramatic representation or performance.

(3) In this section the word “uniform” includes any distinctive part of a uniform.

Comment

ask and the Lord shall provide! Rhodes you LEGEND SOUND MY FRIEND

Comment

Originally posted by mercurydoc View Post
        ask and the Lord shall provide! Rhodes you LEGEND SOUND MY FRIEND
        Just noticed there is an amendment from 1987.

(1) If any person (not being a member of the Defence Forces) wears, without permission granted by or on behalf of the Minister, any uniform of the Defence Forces, or any colourable imitation thereof, such person shall be guilty of an offence under this section and shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £1,000 or, at the discretion of the court, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding six months or to both such fine and such imprisonment.

(2) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply in respect of the wearing of any uniform of the Defence Forces or any colourable imitation thereof in the course of a stage play or other dramatic representation or performance.

(3) In this section the word “uniform” includes any distinctive part of a uniform.

(4) In any proceedings for an offence under this section it shall be presumed, until the contrary is proved, that permission to wear a uniform of the Defence Forces, or any colourable imitation thereof, had not been granted by or on behalf of the Minister.

Comment

I think a further amendment was made saying that its okay to wear if you work in the building trade or your mate is in the army and he gives you a set.
          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

I see a lad every morning on the train from balbriggan to tara street who wears DPM bottoms with dock martins and a hoody. looks a complete scroat and it really ticks me off. still whats the point informing on him. hardly worth enforcing.
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

I don't get why any aspiring hippie would wear the pants anyway, I've never found them so comfortable that I'd wear them socially! Wasn't there a rumour that male and female specific pants were going to replace the unisex?
              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

How many times has this discussion been had, could we have a sticky on it please!
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

They should just save themselves the bother and sell it openly, given that the camouflages of practically every country on earth is available freely in Ireland, via the interpipe or in surplus shops. The law is not being obeyed in the slightest fashion, especially by builders/hunters/airsofters/sundry other individuals so why bother? Pointless law is of no value to anyone.

regards
                  GttC

Comment

Used to be able to get it on the Silk Road, thanks very much FBI and NSA!

Where do I go now for my uniforms and coke!
                    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                      They should just save themselves the bother and sell it openly, given that the camouflages of practically every country on earth is available freely in Ireland, via the interpipe or in surplus shops. The law is not being obeyed in the slightest fashion, especially by builders/hunters/airsofters/sundry other individuals so why bother? Pointless law is of no value to anyone.

regards
                      GttC
                      unfortunately it seems that those affected the most by the law are the actual soldiers themselves.

civvies and airsofters can can get away with having a car boot full of kit and spend as long as they like preparing it for whatever, but the trained Regular / Reserve soldier has to leave his in barracks until 'the next time'.

if the laws were relaxed there would be a greater marketplace for the professional soldier, and this nonsense of not being allowed bring your own military kit home could be binned.

i hope things change for the the better in the soldiers interest sometime presently.
                      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

That might be me your talking about. I'm 18 years in the FCA/RDF. Worn with Pride.

Comment

Working...
                        X