Post 94 contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post 94 contracts

The DF have said post 94,s who on completion of their 21 yrs service and have not reached the rank of Sgt
    will be discharged..
    As the first guys will be for the chop in a couple of years I wondering do people think this will happen??
    Will their be exceptions to the rule?

Well with the promotion ban that came into effect with the recession I think its easy to overturn it in court.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
      The DF have said post 94,s who on completion of their 21 yrs service and have not reached the rank of Sgt
      will be discharged..
      As the first guys will be for the chop in a couple of years I wondering do people think this will happen??
      I think when the Government realise how much extra the Army Pensions bill will cost they might have a rethink.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
        will be discharged..
        It's in fact 18 months from now.. I am one of those and as yet it is defined as above. you're not a Sgt you're out. However.., PDFORRA are in consultation with the DOD to reach an agreement on trying to overturn the decision..

Comment

Apparently the PDFORRA consultation was defeated already and there changing there case to go forward with a case for DF technicians

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
            It's in fact 18 months from now.. I am one of those and as yet it is defined as above. you're not a Sgt you're out. However.., PDFORRA are in consultation with the DOD to reach an agreement on trying to overturn the decision..
            have you any chance of been promoted?? or are you hoping Pdforra can sort it out still??

Comment

Being Devil's advocate: You don't suppose that with the inevitable White Paper inbound, there could be another proposed reduction in the PDF establishment, and this conveniently timed departure of "post 94" Cpls and Ptes will be the key mechanism to offload the numbers?

In any case, what did PDFORRA think was going to happen when they kicked this can down the road all those years ago?

Comment

How many guys do you think the DF would lose if this goes ahead??
                My unit is small by standard DF numbers we have only 3 Cpl,s to lose there jobs in 18 months
                and more to follow in the following months and years.

Comment

It makes no sense to me that we stand to lose indians when we have so many chiefs that the DF could easily do without.

That said, if after 21 years you're still a Pte/Cpl with no Pots/Stds course done or intending to do then maybe it's time to shit or get off the pot.

Comment

There was a reason for the Gleeson report lads.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                      It makes no sense to me that we stand to lose indians when we have so many chiefs that the DF could easily do without.

That said, if after 21 years you're still a Pte/Cpl with no Pots/Stds course done or intending to do then maybe it's time to shit or get off the pot.
                      what if you do have the standard course done but theres no vacancies in your unit/corps

Comment

In fairness, it isn't as if no one signing the contracts didn't know.

Very convenient for PDFORRA (and staff) not to have brought this to the attention of DoD and D of Finance since the amount of promotions was reduced, having said that the DF is now smaller with few sgts and SNCOs.

Off the top of my head the DF were taking on around 400 a year on contracts, at a guess you could say only 25-50% of each years enterants are still serving. But that is still a sizable number.

It could also mean then retirement aged need to be increased.

Let's remember the reason the contracts were brought in to build a stronger fitter younger more capable DF (as a byproduct it also reduced the pension bill over time).

Comment

Its still a bad system I know guys in my unit who will be 38/39 yrs of age on their 21 they are cpls with standard courses done
                          atleast 4 trips overseas all grade one or two fitness also the majority have done courses abroad and have there trade papers
                          it would be crazy losing these guys .

Comment

There is a reason it is called a CONTRACT.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              In fairness, it isn't as if no one signing the contracts didn't know.
                              It's not as if this line doesn't not not not make sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X