Naval Deputy Chief Of Staff Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval Deputy Chief Of Staff Support

At long last the State has recognised the massive maritime domain over which it has governance and the requirement for the structure & upper echelons of Command of the Defence Forces to reflect this.

Congratulations to Rear Admiral Mark Mellett DSM on his promotion and appointment to D/COS Sp. Great day for the State.
    Last edited by Dogwatch; 5 November 2013, 20:53.

Are they going to bump him up to Rear Admiral?
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Irish Naval Service, Cobh, Ireland. 53,953 likes · 548 talking about this · 287 were here. The Naval Service is the State's Principal Seagoing Agency.

Comment

Rear Admiral,, We have a tiny Naval Service , 700men? , I am sure he is a top class guy but sounds a bit like rank inflation

Comment

he isn't just in charge of the navy any more. Did you miss that?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Fantastic news all the same. Great to see that the General staff is representing all three services of the DF now.
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

In recognition of the fact he is a good bloke and the fact that the Naval Service is treated akin to Northside Dublin- I hope that he becomes Rear Admiral - I genuinely think his promotion is a brucie bonus to the Defence Forces.
              Last edited by hedgehog; 6 November 2013, 09:12.
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                Fantastic news all the same. Great to see that the General staff is representing all three services of the DF now.
                It always has. The FOCNS is a member of the General Staff

Comment

Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
                  Rear Admiral,, We have a tiny Naval Service , 700men? , I am sure he is a top class guy but sounds a bit like rank inflation
                  1033 actually

But as others have said, he is actually being promoted out of the NS into the (joint) 2nd highest appointment in DFHQ, reporting directly to the COS on support matters across the DF (not just the NS).

I hope he gets Read Admiral and not Major General.

Comment

Originally posted by midnight oil View Post
                    It always has. The FOCNS is a member of the General Staff
                    FOCNS is not a member of the general staff. The General Staff includes the COS and his two deputies. Neither does FOCNS sit on the Strategic Management Committee but is only invited in when naval matters are being discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
                      Pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        1033 actually

But as others have said, he is actually being promoted out of the NS into the (joint) 2nd highest appointment in DFHQ, reporting directly to the COS on support matters across the DF (not just the NS).

I hope he gets Read Admiral and not Major General.

I can confirm he has been promoted to Rear-Admiral.

Comment

i'll take flintstone' s word for it.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The Defence Forces Information Office is responsible for providing accurate and timely information to members of the general public as well as serving and past members of the Defence Forces.

FOCNS is mentioned

Comment

Congrats to FOCNS - well deserved. Not so sure about the Rear Admiral rank though - lack of carriers and all that! Although COS Rear Admiral Mark Mellet does have a catchy ring to it!
                              Last edited by Pure Hover; 6 November 2013, 18:59.

Comment

Working...
                              X