No announcement yet.

LÉ Samuel Beckett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Brian Boru......................It the 1000 year anniversy since the Battle of Clontarf and naming P63 after out warrior king would be a nice touch

Comment

• What did he do again? Apart from be killed at clontarf?
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• still think we should use towns or counties!
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• What about Patrick Gordon Campbell ? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick..._Baron_Glenavy) . He was a writer, he served in the Naval Service, he served here during the Emergency and he had a brilliant talent for writing humorously about life in the service with a dry self deprecating wit. (something unknown to the mainly pompous a-holes that aspire to be Irish literary figures).
          “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.”
          ― Thucydides

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
            Master stroke in not getting the price Index Linked whoever secured it. Saved us a total of €430 grand.......
            I'm sure you will credit FF on their far sighted approach, negotiating the option

Sorry for going off-topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaqra View Post
              What about Patrick Gordon Campbell ? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick..._Baron_Glenavy) . He was a writer, he served in the Naval Service, he served here during the Emergency and he had a brilliant talent for writing humorously about life in the service with a dry self deprecating wit. (something unknown to the mainly pompous a-holes that aspire to be Irish literary figures).
              And was on a game show on the beeb called ''Call my Bluff'' that ran for a large part of forever....
              "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
              Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
              Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Originally posted by Turkey View Post
                And was on a game show on the beeb called ''Call my Bluff'' that ran for a large part of forever....
                My God Turkey - you must be nearly as old as me - or does that count as abusing the Moderator ?
                “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.”
                ― Thucydides

Comment

• What about Patrick Gordon Campbell ? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick..._Baron_Glenavy) . He was a writer, he served in the Naval Service, he served here during the Emergency and he had a brilliant talent for writing humorously about life in the service with a dry self deprecating wit. (something unknown to the mainly pompous a-holes that aspire to be Irish literary figures)

Serving members or deceased will always be contentious , not an option.
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                    I think Neil Jordan has withdrawn permission to use his name on a "warship"

The John B Keane has a nice ring to it though, and I would hardly call him talentless.
                    You haven't seen Moll in the gaeity then.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomh903 View Post
                      Confirmed today by Mr. Kenny himself. 54 million, same build as the Beckett and Joyce.
                      Best thing Kenny has done since the election. All we need is another 12

Comment

• Originally posted by ias View Post
                        I'm sure you will credit FF on their far sighted approach, negotiating the option

Sorry for going off-topic.
                        I will. If it wasn't for the Late Brian Lenihan we would have got no ships at all. He pushed the replacement plan ahead while willie de dee diddled.

Comment

• Is it true that the LE Star Wars Equipped / Samuel Beckett is on patrol around the Skelligs for the filming of Star Wars .
                          Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• What else would one expect from a star wars equipped ship.

The god botherers are annoyed cos they are being prevented from climbing the rock to make a pilgrimage which has brought many to their maker before time.
                            The bird watchers are annoyed cos they say the film crew will disturb the birds, and they are prevented from visiting the island to disturb them...

This is not the film set they are looking for.

Comment

• Locals being used as extras will not have to spend long in the make up van

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X