Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the ASTI want - Scrap the Army ( sic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Education is no substitute for inteligence .
    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
      Do we really need to start paying exers pensions before the age of 65, think of all the money we'd save to put towards education.

This man Hazel is clearly a bit of a gobshite.
      What about retired teachers receiving their pension and then being given jobs in schools.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        I wonder how they population sizes compare with Ireland.
        Absolutely tiny in comparison!!!

Why not get rid some of the muppets who class themselves as "teachers"!!!

Comment

Bring in the Army and let them do the teaching , imagine what the school yard supervision will be like then .
          Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
            Now... rewind the tape back to your service days.... honest answer, if you were still in, would your response be as above ?

I have done, three I can think of at this stage, all at the time I met them, serving in 4 W Bde
            Christ no, and that would never change. But let's look at it from the viewpoint of a civvie- we know what we do, we know why we are more necessary to the Country than a raft of politicians, councillors and Judges.

Now pretend I am a teacher, politician, banker or 3rd Bn member and know feck all about the Defence Forces - now convince me why my taxes are financing you shower ????
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
              Do we really need to start paying exers pensions before the age of 65, think of all the money we'd save to put towards education.

This man Hazel is clearly a bit of a gobshite.
              Wash your fingers out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenco View Post
                Absolutely tiny in comparison!!!

Why not get rid some of the muppets who class themselves as "teachers"!!!
                Thing is they quite often become TDs when they discover how bad they are at the educating thing.
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Why don't this A-hole call on disatance terrorests to f£$k off and stick to kiddly fiddleing. and the saving on sacurty given to his lazy over paid members,

Comment

Any Public Servant that buys the indo, never mind write letters to it, should hang their head in shame.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                      Thing is they quite often become TDs when they discover how bad they are at the educating thing.
                      Thee is a TD that is an ex teacher and ex RDF if his bio is correct

Comment

Originally posted by midnight oil View Post
                        Thee is a TD that is an ex teacher and ex RDF if his bio is correct
                        I think of at least one Labour TD who is ex RDF
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Am I right in remembering that the most represented profession in the Dail over the years is teachers? And that they get their school pension even if a TD for life?
                          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                            Am I right in remembering that the most represented profession in the Dail over the years is teachers? And that they get their school pension even if a TD for life?
                            And until recently they got the substitute to pay their pension contributions for them.

The place is overrun with the talking professions, if more people who actually do something for a living became TDs the country would be a better place.
                            Last edited by The real Jack; 19 December 2013, 14:28.
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Lads,
                              You are professional Soldiers- whether its RDF or PDF. You are taking swings at Barry Hazel- you may as well be taking swings at the moon.

Barry Hazel is an ASTI representative and he is representing his members interest- well done Baz. His close the Army should be seen in the same manner as Swifts "A Modest Proposal", now you can agree with Baz or you can disagree with him but , who really cares and what will it matter.

Baz has actually done us a favour- he has raised the issue of "get rid of the Army"- There is more people out there than Baz who are saying the same-we are from an organisation that prides itself on seeing a threat -real or possible and taking actions to either prevent or deal with the threat.

Yet when Baz boy riaises the possibility of getting rid of the Army- what do we do, we sulk, harrrumph and we go off on a tangent about how teachers have got it great.

If we dont realise that we are going to see the get rid of the army argument a lot more in the future then we deserve to be got rid off-

instead of harrumphing we should be planning on many fronts- such as -

-When someone we know says- save money get rid of the Army- What do you do- do you introduce the square part of the forehead to the bridge of Uncle Franks nose- do you say Fkuc you Frank and your smelly wife or do you say - how does making 10,000 people redundant save money for the country- they will each get a redundancy package and then they will have to go on the labour- Not to mention the incidentals such as security for the barracks etc, any savings in paying wages will go towards paying dole and security costs- and after redundancy payments have been made it would take about 20 years to just break even-

Frank goes away thinking ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm he is right- getting rid of the Army is populous nonsense- I better tell my secretary who I am banging and her lezzer mate who I want to be banging.

Comment

Listening to fellow members of the general population, in matters relating to the DF, is a bit like the classic ‘Life of Brian’ sketch, “what have the Romans ever done for us….”

When they think about it, through the ATCP, the DF contributes huge amount.

Despite this, people would be of the opinion that an expanded Garda with a paramilitary arm would suffice and do the same function. Not in agreement with this, but it is a common view. The same people do not see an issue with this neutral country relying wholly on other states for its defence as the real politic of our location would ensure. Looking at the other neutral states in Europe and their spending, even with their bigger armies what do they get for it and what really does it do to ensure their security. People do not see the threats.

Comment

Working...
                                X