No announcement yet.

Army Ranger Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There looks to be a lady Ranger in there......

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocinante View Post
      There looks to be a lady Ranger in there......
      There’s been a couple of other photos in the last little while that suggested that as well.

Comment

Person in the centre of the bottom right photo has very refined eyebrows for a man
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
          Person in the centre of the bottom right photo has very refined eyebrows for a man
          I'm impressed lads - good spot. Ye may well be correct...
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• I won't be going into details but not everyone serving with that unit is male.

Comment

• Here's another bit from social media suggesting a female:

Comment

• Speculation in this area is off-brand for IMO - please desist.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• what surprised me most about ARW was that officers can only have a very limited time in the Wing. It's as if it's deliberately designed to force you out after a few years. If I'm right, you can only join as a Captain and can't serve in it long enough to gain any rank beyond Commandant, usually forced out by age.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                    what surprised me most about ARW was that officers can only have a very limited time in the Wing. It's as if it's deliberately designed to force you out after a few years. If I'm right, you can only join as a Captain and can't serve in it long enough to gain any rank beyond Commandant, usually forced out by age.
                    It's the same for most SF, from the SAS to CAG etc...Officers come in few a couple of years, leave, come back in, in less and less numbers as new ones are needed.

Comment

Attached support staff, recieves some training and same kit while in the unit.

Comment

• MOD: second warning

Comment

• Originally posted by AATWT View Post
                          Attached support staff, recieves some training and same kit while in the unit.
                          I'd say this is more statement of fact than idle speculation personally.

On the kit in use with the wing at present, and pictured, I wonder how much of their experience and influence will have gone into the Plate Carrier competition. Also, the additional rifle mag on the belt is an interesting one. Finally, the H&K416 seems to be the platform of choice in those pics, potentially a replacement for the Steyr in the future?
                          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• @odin those are battle belts and the way many (conventional, not just SF) militaries have gone

Generally you’ll have a couple of mags, trauma pouch, dump pouch and possibly pistol

It’s part of Fight Light

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                              On the kit in use with the wing at present, and pictured, I wonder how much of their experience and influence will have gone into the Plate Carrier competition. Also, the additional rifle mag on the belt is an interesting one. Finally, the H&K416 seems to be the platform of choice in those pics, potentially a replacement for the Steyr in the future?
                              Some but probably not a massive amount. They don't necessarily have same requirements so won't necessarily be looking for same type of things. ARW using SIG pistols for years but HK won contract for general service pistol. General service helmets chosen different to high cut ones used by ARW also, different boots, etc. etc.

Don't think plate carrier samples shown for trials even had ARW brand one in the line up too.

Steyr could also be going for a long time yet before replacements need consideration..........
                              An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                                I'd say this is more statement of fact than idle speculation personally.
                                Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X