No announcement yet.

Army Ranger Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that is the case, I presume there are a few females in G2 that they can work with?

Comment

Originally posted by Battletour View Post
      I hope they never, or are never forced to, indulge in political correctness.
      Unfortunately they more than likely will have to..Its a thin edge but just look at the debate particularly in the us re the role of women in the armed forces.
      Even the Brits who tend to have a more practical, ( beacuse I guess they have a lot of practice) are forced to include for less than op reasons. Its politics gone mad ...

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
        So they've increased the ARW, but reduced it's resource pool over the years? I doubt they'll reduce the selection/training criteria, so would it not take a while to build that unit up to it's new establishment?
        This has been in the pipeline for a long time.
        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
          This has been in the pipeline for a long time.
          I suppose with the improving and more proactive DF fitness culture and professionalism it's not too difficult to fill 100+ SOF vacancies from 9,500 PDF.
          Last edited by SwiftandSure; 3 January 2014, 11:59. Reason: Decided to remove my chauvinist comments :-)

Comment

MOD: There are no females in the ARW. What J2(Yes it's "J") have or have not is their own business and will not be discussed here.Any females who do apply or subsequently pass Mod 1 of the SOFQ Course will have passed the exact same as their male counterparts,and deserve the same respect, as there is no watering down of standards.Period.

ARW are not the only ones in the DF who do CP. MP's do aswell. UKSF are trained and have done CP in the past.

This is NOT to turn into another DF vs BA pissing contest or "should females be in the Army" one.if it does the thread will be shut.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              I assume it is still after Selection?

The separate selection course as it was is gone. Its all one SOF course now.

Comment

Originally posted by B Inman View Post
                I served with the lady, she did attempt selection in the late 80's. A very fit and smart soldier.
                I know of a Soldier (female) who attempted selection. She got injured but she told me she was treated exactly the same as the blokes - no more/ no less. She was fit as a fiddle and a good Soldier, and a great blokess as well.

I would imagine we are all 3 talking about the same person.
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                  no women in arw that night they tried to take spike from a bunch of sailors.....m.l.
                  But we had the " The Ranger " of all Rangers ,
                  Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

The comments below the article are rediculous, why do people have such a negative attitude towards the DF?

Comment

Originally posted by ArdMhacha View Post
                      The comments below the article are rediculous, why do people have such a negative attitude towards the DF?
                      I think that's the byproduct of pretend neutrality. The perception of an Army that doesn't fight for anything is therefore useless in the eyes of morons (general public).

Comment

Same type of people would have disassociated themselves from the Irish soccer team in the past. (They are uncomfortable being Irish). Others are paddy type marxist who's job is to bad mouth all institutions of state on the internet.
                        Then there are older people who would have seen guy's in the army in the 50s 60s 70s as having a job with a pension after 21 years and resented them.
                        Then there is the provo's crimbo's types who dislike all things that interfere with there money making activities. Also if a army is not "blooded" every now and then
                        people lose the reason for it's existence. Irish people have never experienced a real war over Irish soil so no collective fear.

Comment

Nobody articulates the need/uses of the DF in a proper fashion,short clips of DF activity footage/dreadful music doesnt fill the gap.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                            ...................... Irish people have never experienced a real war over Irish soil so no collective fear.
                            Really?

I know they were not on a scale of WWI & WWII etc but we've had the within the last 100 years the 1916 Rising, War of Independence 1919-1921 & let's not forget the dreadful Civil War 1921-1923 on Irish soil not to mention "The Troubles"!

There's still plenty of "collective fear" here after those.

Our current Army was even 'born' in this era.
                            Last edited by bunny shooter; 4 January 2014, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post
                              Really?

I know they were not on a scale of WWI & WWII etc but we've had the within the last 100 years the 1916 Rising, War of Independence 1919-1921 & let's not forget the dreadful Civil War 1921-1923 on Irish soil not to mention "The Troubles"!

There's still plenty of "collective fear" here after those.

Our current Army was even 'born' in this era.
                              The collective fear you are talking about comes mainly from listen to the wolf tones greats hits album

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                                The collective fear you are talking about comes mainly from listen to the wolf tones greats hits album
                                I'd say that's the sum total of you're knowledge on the subject alright considering your earlier post

Comment

Working...
                                X