Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RDF Recruitment Campaign 2014 ( auth 7 March 2014 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeV View Post
    Commitment is as follows:

2014:
    48 hours unpaid + 8 hours voluntary unpaid
    Annual medical (may take 2+ days possibly during week)
    Annual fitness test (min 2 days possibly during week)
    Annual weapons test (min 2 days)
    Min 7 days full time (usually Sat-Fri as a block)

2015:
    As above but voluntary unpaid is 12 hours.

For hours (off the top of my head):
    2-4 hrs = 2 hours
    4-8 hrs = 4 hours
    8-12 hours = 8 hours
    Dev, is this for real that we possibly could have to take 4+ workdays off (for those of us working the usual Mon - Fri week) in order to fit in a medical & fitness test? Then there is the days needed for the annual camp. Like f**k will I give up almost half my annual holiday entitlement.

Comment

I'm sure they'll accommodate RDF at weekends. It's not a 5 day week Army.

Comment

Hours wise that can be done nights and weekends (and possibly during the week depending on the unit.

Medical your talking 2 half days (could be longer if your waiting on others for transport etc). Your unit may/may not be able to arrange it for a weekend. But it could be more (especially if you take account of travel time (depending on where you live).

Your unit may/may not be able to arrange fitness tests for a weekend (these have to take place over 2 days).

If your a recruit you will have at least 14 days (including 2 weekends) full time to do.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
          I'm sure they'll accommodate RDF at weekends. It's not a 5 day week Army.
          For the vast majority it is

Comment

There is not enough capacity in DF for annual medicals for RDF!
            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Commitment is as follows:

2014:
              48 hours unpaid + 8 hours voluntary unpaid
              Since when is it 48 Hrs unpaid?

Yes, the Voluntary hours have to be unpaid but the 48hrs are "Training" - I haven't read anywhere that it HAS to be unpaid, I assumed it was the same as before, effectivity was calculated based a mix of paid and unpaid. Annex E, 7, B of AdminO 1/13 states that training can be paid or unpaid.

Then again, maybe I am wrong.

Comment

Has anyone an idea of what the distinction between unpaid and "voluntary unpaid" is? Is a field day or weekend that are unpaid "voluntary unpaid"?

Comment

Originally posted by madden View Post
                  Since when is it 48 Hrs unpaid?

Yes, the Voluntary hours have to be unpaid but the 48hrs are "Training" - I haven't read anywhere that it HAS to be unpaid, I assumed it was the same as before, effectivity was calculated based a mix of paid and unpaid. Annex E, 7, B of AdminO 1/13 states that training can be paid or unpaid.

Then again, maybe I am wrong.
                  An excellent point actually, 24 hours used to be given for doing 7 days paid (the balance must come from unpaid), until they amend R5 it is up in the air.

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                  Has anyone an idea of what the distinction between unpaid and "voluntary unpaid" is? Is a field day or weekend that are unpaid "voluntary unpaid"?
                  It's in the AdminO, the cover all being it is up to your CO.

Comment

It's in the AdminO, the cover all being it is up to your CO.
                    Which AdminO?

Comment

1/13 the one on the reorg of the RDF

Comment

The Voluntary hours ( poor term ) are not normally training. The Admino sets out what they are.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Dev, is this for real that we possibly could have to take 4+ workdays off (for those of us working the usual Mon - Fri week) in order to fit in a medical & fitness test? Then there is the days needed for the annual camp. Like f**k will I give up almost half my annual holiday entitlement.
                          Medical and Fitness is part of the annual individual KPIs. if you can't find an acceptable date then I suggest you communicate same up your CoC
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                            Training is Training - where you are being paid/not paid to learn or practice something

Voluntary Unpaid is Service - where you contribute back to the state.

That is a rough guide, the details are in AdminO 1/13.

Comment

Thought it was "Voluntary Experiential Hours"
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

In that case id like to volunteer with the army ranger wings next HALO jump in an "experiential" manner.
                                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X