Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RDF Recruitment Campaign 2014 ( auth 7 March 2014 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The age limit is 18 - 35 on the 9th of April.
    Thats what I thought.

Evidently the form said 17.

I can confirm to friend that the lad should apply next year.
    Last edited by Saab; 12 March 2014, 22:55.

Comment

Any idea if the Army are going to advertise it outside Facebook and military.ie? I know there probably isn't much money in the kitty but there are ways and means without spending a huge amount of money. While I don't doubt that they will get huge numbers for the PDF, I doubt they will actually get 500 genuine applications for the RDF.

By genuine applications, I mean people who are actually interested in the RDF rather than people who apply so that they can say they did in the PDF interview or who want a practice fitness test (assuming there are 2 fitness tests which, now I think about it, there probably won't).

Comment

2nd competition advertised

Closing date 14 Nov 14

Comment

I'm assuming this section was added in from the first time around:

Please confirm that you understand that you are making an application to join the RESERVE DEFENCE FORCES (RDF)? Required!

Yes No
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I put in an application a few hours ago and some of the questions I didn't think applied to me such as work visa , GNIB card etc because I am Irish but then it wouldn't let me submit unless I filled them out , Iv'e never heard of a GNIB card.
            Anyway can someone give me an idea when I might be called to fitness testing?

Comment

Anyone here know about the RDF recruitment campaign run by the PDF in colleges? I'm not sure if it's a local or national initiative.

It seems at face value the PDF have a scheme to recruit Reservists solely from college forming a platoon of students.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                Anyone here know about the RDF recruitment campaign run by the PDF in colleges? I'm not sure if it's a local or national initiative.

It seems at face value the PDF have a scheme to recruit Reservists solely from college forming a platoon of students.
                I can see it now - reveille at 13.00!
                'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

Please confirm that you understand that you are making an application to join the RESERVE DEFENCE FORCES (RDF)? Required!

Yes No
                  But again doesn't explain what it is or what is expected !

Originally posted by DEWF View Post
                  Possibly before Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

Yes No
                    Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post

Not necessarily a bad thing

Targeted recruitment

Comment

If i am from the england, will I need to be living in ireland to apply or can I just make the trips from london? Also will i need a work visa or not?

Comment

Originally posted by DEWF View Post
                        I put in an application a few hours ago and some of the questions I didn't think applied to me such as work visa , GNIB card etc because I am Irish but then it wouldn't let me submit unless I filled them out , Iv'e never heard of a GNIB card.
                        Garda National Immigration Bureau. If your a citizen it doesn't apply to you.

Comment

Originally posted by j.mac View Post
                          If i am from the england, will I need to be living in ireland to apply or can I just make the trips from london? Also will i need a work visa or not?
                          If you are an EU citizen there is no requirement for you to be living in Ireland (if you aren't an EU citizen you must have min 3 years unbroken legal residency in Ireland).

However, you will be required to attend training parades (generally 8pm-10pm 1 weekday a week (including 4 parades during recruit training), a number of weekends during the year (min 4 weekends for recruits (starting Friday night and ending Sunday) plus 2 weeks (14 days) fulltime.

The only payment you will receive is for the 2 weeks (and it is unlikely to cover the cost of flights).

My advice would be to join the TA (you even get paid for at training and travel expenses)

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            If you are an EU citizen there is no requirement for you to be living in Ireland (if you aren't an EU citizen you must have min 3 years unbroken legal residency in Ireland).

However, you will be required to attend training parades (generally 8pm-10pm 1 weekday a week (including 4 parades during recruit training), a number of weekends during the year (min 4 weekends for recruits (starting Friday night and ending Sunday) plus 2 weeks (14 days) fulltime.

The only payment you will receive is for the 2 weeks (and it is unlikely to cover the cost of flights).

My advice would be to join the TA (you even get paid for at training and travel expenses)
                            Thank you, i will probably move to ireland once I apply and have gotten past the medical stage. What documents will I need as a foreigner?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post

I'll probably move to ireland (dublin) when I go to apply there, just rent an apartment or something. I want to join the PDF. Thanks for the info mate was very useful.

Comment

I tried this once to go into a couple of colleges that used to have FCA and LDF elements. Was an interesting road.
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X