Pajero Replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
    Sure that wouldn't keep procurement and contracts clerics in a job...
    Think you're right for some of these people their work is a religion ....

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
      Note, 280 Toyota landcruisers are replacing 320 Pajero's. Do the figures. Capability being cut again.
      You can look forward to many years of hiding vehicles from being boarded for minor mechanical issues.
      Puncture? Board it.
      Needs wiper blades? Board it.
      Cracked windscreen? Board it.
      Worn mats? Board it.
      We had this for years, big green junkyards where parts were scavenged to keep vehicles on the road.
      Lose a vehicle, it won't be replaced, you lose capability.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Not sure about the older Nissan Patrols (260s?) but there is definitely some Nissan Patrol GRs still in service... probably some Pajeros are being kept too

Comment

• Nissans are supposed to be off the road. However some have managed to keep them by begging parts and the fitters ???? the Pajero I wouldn’t even bother with

Afaik more rangers and Hyundai will be bought as GS

Anyone else see the picture of new wagon? Looks the part
          Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• One of the garda RPU Hyundai's spontaneously combusted on the M18 last week. Hell no.

It’s understood the garda heard a bang which was followed by a burst of flames while travelling on the M18.
            Last edited by na grohmiti; 22 December 2019, 18:21.

Comment

• Some vehicles were pristine because they were the CO's favourite and others were like rolling junkyards. But, its also neglect as an art form. I recall a lovely Unimog engineering vehicle allowed to rot, rather than fund an overhaul and a few years ago, a mobile crane in the Base Workshops, rotting, despite it's active status,from want of paint on it's critical functioning parts.

Comment

• Some vehicles were pristine because they were the CO's favourite and others were like rolling junkyards. But, its also neglect as an art form. I recall a lovely Unimog engineering vehicle allowed to rot, rather than fund an overhaul and a few years ago, a mobile crane in the Base Workshops, rotting, despite it's active status,from want of paint on it's critical functioning parts. the soldiers can be their own worst enemies.

Comment

• Originally posted by spider pig View Post
                  Nissans are supposed to be off the road. However some have managed to keep them by begging parts and the fitters ???? the Pajero I wouldn’t even bother with

Afaik more rangers and Hyundai will be bought as GS

Anyone else see the picture of new wagon? Looks the part
                  Some of the GR’s are off road ... literally (as in “the hollow”) but there were definitely some on the road a few months ago

Wait till they start adding EVs to the white fleet

Comment

One of the garda RPU Hyundai's spontaneously composted on the M18 last week. Hell no.
                    It just suddenly rotted away into organic mush? That would be a surprise for the driver
                    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                      It just suddenly rotted away into organic mush? That would be a surprise for the driver
                      Bloody phone. It routinely changes my posts to opinions of it's own. Unlike my PC which quietly spies on me..

Comment

One of the garda RPU Hyundai's spontaneously combusted on the M18 last week. Hell no.

https://www.thejournal.ie/garda-car-...44618-Dec2019/
                        Went out to check it out....it went fast....

Comment

• That’s what I was saying. There are a couple still in use at my call sign.
                          Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Think many staff cars are I30 now?

Comment

Think many staff cars are I30 now?
                              They are white fleet... not just staff cars They are used for a lot of jobs that would have used a 4x4 in the past

Comment

• Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Working...
                                X