No announcement yet.

Connect Winter Dress, DPM dress pull out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have 3 wooly pullys. The trouble with them in long 72 hour exs was they were too big to pack into the webbing. However even in the wet they were excellent warm gear.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I never felt too warm in them!
      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
        Winter dress: 30 Sept - 1 May. Sleeves down on shirt,shirt untucked .
        Have to disagree with this one. A lot is down to unit SOPs but I have seen a lot of units go with sleeves up during winter time. Unless something new came out recently, there has never been anything definitive saying sleeves must be worn down. The only document I have seen referring to the dress was an old one from S Bde. It showed a pic of a guy wearing a Norwegian and sleeves were worn down. I agree - wear a norwegian under a DPM shirt and sleeve are worn down....but what is the dress of someone NOT wearing a Norwegian? The only pic showing a guy wearing a shirt (without smock or pullover) has the shirt sleeves up.

Check the wording that comes with the document and nowhere does it say that sleeve are worn down, even when it is referring to the Norwegian.

The new AI A9 doesn't clarify anything either, in fact it muddies the waters by saying that shirt is worn untucked even if norwegian is worn.

My unit took a simple view of things and just issued a set of unit SOPs to everyone in the unit as to how the uniform was to be worn and it ended all confusion. Each unit seems to have their way of doing it, everyone thinks they are right - my opinion is (as usual) the Army threw something together quickly without thinking and we are still messing around with it years later.

If you have 2 people wearing the uniform differently, refer to your unit SOPs, then to your SM, RSM, CS whomever is the senior NCO in the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by madden View Post
          The new AI A9 doesn't clarify anything either, in fact it muddies the waters by saying that shirt is worn untucked even if norwegian is worn
          Oh dear, what a surprise there - ambigious DF regs. Not taking a pop at you, Madden, BTW

Originally posted by madden View Post
          If you have 2 people wearing the uniform differently, refer to your unit SOPs, then to your SM, RSM, CS whomever is the senior NCO in the unit.
          .... with regard to the first statement, and I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but as soon as a person from your crew goes to Unit B or Training School X, and the SOP
          differs there, doubtless some CS or RSM will be administering a bollocking to the poor unfortunate
          Manuals anyway, have a section at the front saying "any suggested amendments, etc., feed back via CoC"

Have folks done this with regard to Admin Instrs like the dress one ?
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I will go one better.Nowhere in the new A9 Field dress Para does it mention the issue boonie hat.When it's worn (or not etc)but then neither did the old A9.Of course their is still no mention of the UBACS either.
            The original A9 amendment dated 25 feb 2000 was specific about shirts when you tucked the shirt in or left it out.A subsequent D Admin's instruction decreed it was to be left out all year round.A subsequent memo from 2011 decreed it was to be worn tucked when the fleece was worn over it.
            Agree. In the absence of a written order from DFHQ units can write their own SOP's.Common sense must apply though.As Offrs/NCO's we have a duty of care to our troops.Ordering sleeves up during winter prevents the long sleeve thermal being worn and the Norwegian.Both of which are worn UNDER the shirt.
            The dates I gave above are the dates that were always referred to as the dates for when Winter dress comes in.Those of us of a certain vintage would know that as a matter of SOP.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Of course then you have cases where SOPs contravene DFRs

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                Of course then you have cases where SOPs contravene DFRs
                Well, no contest there then...
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Those Regs don't mention my Elmer Fudd cap either the only man for a cold February ARP.

Comment

Originally posted by colonel decker View Post
                    Those Regs don't mention my Elmer Fudd cap either the only man for a cold February ARP.
                    Actually they do.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Lets here it?

Comment

Originally posted by colonel decker View Post
                        Lets here it?
                        Hear it?
                        In a nutshell "Caps waterproof DPM " may be worn be worn by personnel of TISC,TISK and Kilbride camp during inclement weather as ordered by their respective OC's"

Comment

CEFO correct wear for an ARP I thought, or is it corps-speciifc ?
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

ARPs should be done in full battle rattle shouldn't it?

Comment

Correct. Battlevest, CBA and helmet.Issue Knee/elbow pads and DF issue gloves are optional.

Comment

Originally posted by madden
                                So CELO, Not CEFO.

I was surprised when someone said they wear CEFO for ARPs.
                                Are you just being pedantic for the sake of it or do your recent posts have a point??

Comment

Working...
                                X