Connect Winter Dress, DPM dress pull out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOD:
    My belief here is that something was taken personally that wasn't meant personally which then gained momentum

Back to the thread

Comment

I think Madden in fairness should be allowed have the last word I for one am sick of this clown always jumping down your throat sending unwanted PMs etc,

MOD: take it elsewhere, change of plan, take it to a months ban instead..while a permanent ban is discussed.( Turkey)
      Last edited by Turkey; 23 August 2014, 19:37.

Comment

Ok on a related dress note, sleeves up or down aside, is it correct that head dress is not worn indoors in barracks unless instructing on a lesson?
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Yeah, no head dress indoors, Unless instructing so you can salute.
          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Correct.And webbing is worn if conducting a weapons/skills lesson also.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Head dress worn in doors for lots of reasons guys

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                is it correct that head dress is not worn indoors in barracks unless instructing on a lesson?
                Surprised with answers on this one.

I always wear head dress indoors (in barracks only, civvie building are generally a different story) except when sitting or relaxing (eg dining hall, lecture hall, Mess etc.). It is the done thing around here. Even remember getting chewed out once for not wearing it indoors when I was not sitting.

Another thing done differently to Apod (not right or wrong, just different).
                Last edited by madden; 23 August 2014, 02:16.

Comment

Originally posted by madden View Post
                  Surprised with answers on this one.

I always wear head dress indoors (in barracks only, civvie building are generally a different story) except when sitting or relaxing (eg dining hall, lecture hall, Mess etc.). It is the done thing around here. Even remember getting chewed out once for not wearing it indoors when I was not sitting.

Another thing done differently to Apod (not right or wrong, just different).
                  What Brigade are you in? I served in a number of different units in the South and while they done many things differently, the one thing they had in common was beret off indoors, unless doing COFD or weapon lesson.
                  I don't see what bringing Apod into it has to do with anything.
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

AI A9 part 1,para 102:
                    "All personnel wearing uniform will ensure that they are wearing the appropriate headdress at all times. The sole provision for the removal of such headdress will be whilst indoors and during ceremonial occasions when ordered."
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                      What Brigade are you in? I served in a number of different units in the South and while they done many things differently, the one thing they had in common was beret off indoors, unless doing COFD or weapon lesson.
                      I don't see what bringing Apod into it has to do with anything.
                      It is none of your business what Bde I am in. And my experience of No.1 Bde disagrees vastly with yours. But every barracks/unit/Sub-unit is different.

As for the Apod reference, given our previous encounter earlier in this thread which wasn't exactly many posts ago, I was attempting to disagree with him on this particular matter without showing any malice, thereby attempting to separate this particular matter (berets indoors) from the previous (sleeves up/down) and start with a new slate. Now, what business it is of yours, I don't know. If Apod wishes to take issue with my attempts at conciliation, then I am sure he is well capable of doing it himself and doesn't need someone else to go sticking their nose into something they don't understand and dragging a thread way off topic AGAIN. If you want to make a comment on the TOPIC, go ahead. But if you intention is to attack me for some unknown reasoning of yours, then do it with a little less bumbling.

Originally posted by apod View Post
                      AI A9 part 1,para 102:
                      "All personnel wearing uniform will ensure that they are wearing the appropriate headdress at all times. The sole provision for the removal of such headdress will be whilst indoors and during ceremonial occasions when ordered."
                      Yes, I am aware of the provision, badly written as it is (I have to question do they understand what the word "Sole" means when they then give 2 provisions!), And my previous comment still stands - it/they are provisions, not directives. Keeping on topic and referring to the original question from Morpheus is it correct that head dress is not worn indoors in barracks unless instructing on a lesson, I would say that it depends on unit SOPs and barrack custom but is not SPECIFIED anywhere. A quick look at my unit dress SOPs and I can say that it is not specified there either. But barrack custom where I am is for it to be usually worn indoors but it is not a hard rule - I do wear it but never pull anyone for not doing so indoors. But the beret is generally worn indoors (except in the circumstances I specified earlier) and my experience is based on being in several barracks and differing parts of the Army (except for the Military College as stated hereunder). I am not saying other peoples experiences are right or wrong, just different.

Then again, every barracks is different despite it being a small army.

As for the Military College, Parts of it have a rule that berets are not to be worn indoors or out (too many officers = too much saluting by people of all ranks).
                      Last edited by madden; 25 August 2014, 00:44.

Comment

I suggest you take a serious chill pill buddy. AI A9 is specific enough for me, if you want something better go find a rock and I can get someone to write it in stone just for you.
                        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

I must say Madden that it must be awfully fun to serve in your unit. Headress on even when indoors,sleeves up even in winter.Yup.Lots of fun.

As an aside can anybody list the Bks around the country where it is SOP to wear berets indoors at all times??

Comment

The bigger the barracks the bigger the bullshit so Collins would be the only candidate there apod but they take them off!
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Yeah.I think it is fair to say that the vast majority of units don't insist on their CS's,Coy clerks,Signallers,medics,pay clerks,CQ's,Staff officers,Ord room staff,stores personnel,or unit OC sitting in their offices wearing headress. Even in the more anal of units like the old 4BN or CTD(S)I never came across it.
                              Anybody from the the other Bdes come across it?

Comment

PMSL here.
                                Blokes fighting over what way to wear their sleeves and when u do and dont wear your hat!!!!!!!

This site gets funnier everytime i look at it, truly!!!!
                                hedons have more fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X