Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone's up for a bollicking

‘Spinning’ Buckingham Palace guardsman facing army investigation
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Severe bollocking pending, probably several. He should not make any plans for this weekend.

Comment

Handy way to ensure you never get caught for that duty again

Comment

RSM's office
        Stand up meeting without coffee
        bring lube
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

It looks a bit "jerky". Is that just my phone, or is it possibly an edit?
          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Something tells me the RPs are about unleash the full scope of their wicked imaginations on this guy with ROPs up the ying-yang! That, and nearly every rock on military establishments in the Greater London area will soon be coated in fresh brilliant white paint. That must have been some bet he lost.

....Totally worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
              It looks a bit "jerky". Is that just my phone, or is it possibly an edit?
              There was a similar video a few years ago that was obviously fake, but this is clear enough that it could well be the real thing

Comment

Unless he is trying for a "section eight" discharge (as I believe the yanks call it), I can't believe he was THAT bored...
                Last edited by Flamingo; 4 September 2014, 12:03.

Comment

This was covered reasonably in depth over on Arrse,

He has been dealt with already, believe he got 21 days. Though people seemed unsure of w/e you had to serve that in the Glasshouse or the guardroom 'prison'?

In fairness pretty daft to do it in broad daylight, in front of the main gate! Can't imagine the Footguards Regiments enjoy seeing that pop up on sky news in the evening. It is one of the defining features of the Household Division that they get the honor of guarding the Sovereign, and while I imagine most soldiers (Certainly I would) do indeed prefer the green side of things in the Footguards. That is no excuse to tarnish and bring into disrepute the very exacting standards expected and maintained on ceremonial duties.
                  "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your coffee." - Lady Astor....
                  ''Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it'' - Winston Churchill

Comment

Adds a bit of flavour to the whole thing..pit the higher ups have no sense of humour when it comes to such things!
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I imagine the BA is like us and runs on trust- that is you have to trust the troops to do their job, no one has the NCO/Officer manpower to supervise each bloke 24 /7.

The Guards are a really good Unit both at the red coat stuff and in DPMs- many many have served honourably and diligently, yet a lot of people will forever associate them with that stupid spinning cnut.
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mewt View Post

He has been dealt with already, believe he got 21 days. Though people seemed unsure of w/e you had to serve that in the Glasshouse or the guardroom 'prison'?

In fairness pretty daft to do it in broad daylight, in front of the main gate! Can't imagine the Footguards Regiments enjoy seeing that pop up on sky news in the evening. It is one of the defining features of the Household Division that they get the honor of guarding the Sovereign, and while I imagine most soldiers (Certainly I would) do indeed prefer the green side of things in the Footguards. That is no excuse to tarnish and bring into disrepute the very exacting standards expected and maintained on ceremonial duties.
                        I seem to recall from the depths of my memory (but am willing to be corrected) that anything over 28 days goes to Colchester for "reeducation", but less than that can be served in the regimental nick.

He'd probably have been better off in Colchester than at the mercy of the Household Division RP's for 21 days!

Comment

The civvies commenting on the story seem to be amused by it, but I can't see a similar reaction from his superiors
                          I can only imagine the amount of sh1t that the RSM is going to drop on this guy, pretty much for the rest of his career in his regiment
                          To be honest, when I saw it the first time, I though it was a skit - I didn't think someone would be stupid enough to actually do this
                          for real in the glare of the public eye....
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mewt View Post

Patrick hennessy in his book on his time in the grenadiers on Palace duty gave some stark examples of the off duty antics of the guardsmen in his unit.

Comment

Was it a bet?

I often thought there are probably so many things these guys get up to that no one ever knows.

Given how slick it looks he put some thought into it and had practised it.
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X