No more overseas kit issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more overseas kit issue

Apparently there is no more overseas specific kit issue .An ordinary annual issue is all we are getting. I was looking forward to getting those Gucci Top Gun glasses .
    If the army wanted you to have a wife,They would issue you one.

I heard that the practice of getting a full kit issue for overseas is done away with for cost saving. You only get what you're diffy now.

Comment

Ah yes.But here's the rub.All the overseas specific items(J4 issues) are now on the national issue scale.
      Saves on admin when you have to send troops overseas.The individual will get kit inspected during phase one form up(unit level admin) and be re-issued anything they are diffy.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
        Ah yes.But here's the rub.All the overseas specific items(J4 issues) are now on the national issue scale....
        So RDF are getting dessie DPMs soon then ??? Just the job for the hot summer weather... woo hoo...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
          Saves on admin when you have to send troops overseas.The individual will get kit inspected during phase one form up(unit level admin) and be re-issued anything they are diffy.
          I'm open to correction here, but from where I'm looking, that seems to be a fair solution - and cuts costs too....
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

So when do you get issued with the UN whites, the foster grant sunglasses and the green wellies.

As well as the suit cover.
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Same day you get issued the DPM short shorts.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

We got issued White UN shorts and bush green shorts. With the hush puppy shoes they were really comfortable , but The bush greens were the best overseas uniform ever.
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Recruits are top priority when it comes to issuing kit now.

A sad state of affairs but such is life.

Comment

the foster grant sunglasses
                    Surely not...mere paupers
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Serengeti or nothing.

Comment

The guys going to UNDOF were issued Bolle sunnies, and they were not shy about showing them off.
                        CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Originally posted by REX View Post
                          The guys going to UNDOF were issued Bolle sunnies, and they were not shy about showing them off.
                          They've been on issue for several years now, lens are ballistic protected.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                            They've been on issue for several years now, lens are ballistic protected.
                            I know, but I was just pointing out that the UNDOF mission were being issued kit but, that said I did hear that overseas specific kit was in short supply
                            CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Lads from the old east units had UBACS for the recent DF support weapons concentration.Guys that hadn't been overseas recently too.The south as usual is playing catchup
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                              X