Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Paper - When is it due to be published?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The RDF was nearly done for by the powers that be, until another came along and stopped it from being scrapped. The other has done very little since, he oversaw the current WP and this update.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
      Duties in most Bks, drivers, medical, IT helping with numbers during exercises. That's about it but members are willing to do more.
      That’s what makes a difference when there isn’t enough PDF to do them as is

It’s is filling skills gaps or be it on a very temporary and ad hoc basis

The more of it done the better, the more useful (and required) the RDF is

Comment

• Moving on https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b1...february-2021/

... interesting although its a blank page for me .. anyone else ?
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Same

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            Moving on https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b1...february-2021/

Accurate then so.

Comment

Where's the document referred to?
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Where's the document referred to?
                there aint one thats the issue , if theres anyone from DoD reading please press SUBMIT lol
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Try leaving feedback asking where it is ...

Comment

there aint one thats the issue , if theres anyone from DoD reading please press SUBMIT lol
                    360 staff at the DoD and they still cannot manage uploading a document to their website properly. Is this some sort of government department they send all the civil service dunces to like the vehicle Licensing centre in Swansea ala Yes Minister fame? I mean looking at some of the bio's of the leading lights at the DoD at Asssitant Sec level none of them seem to have an advanced degree in Strategic or Defence Studies which is mandatory for anyone advancing a career in the policy, acquisition or capability areas of Defence and National Security in most other countries these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anzac View Post
                      360 staff at the DoD and they still cannot manage uploading a document to their website properly. Is this some sort of government department they send all the civil service dunces to like the vehicle Licensing centre in Swansea ala Yes Minister fame? I mean looking at some of the bio's of the leading lights at the DoD at Asssitant Sec level none of them seem to have an advanced degree in Strategic or Defence Studies which is mandatory for anyone advancing a career in the policy, acquisition or capability areas of Defence and National Security in most other countries these days.
                      Well in fairness there isn’t really one in the State (covering defence) that they could do. There is in the U.K.

In fact, in the U.K. civil servants can attend the equivalent of our JCSC and SCSC

Comment

• As auldsod says it’s accurate

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          Well in fairness there isn’t really one in the State (covering defence) that they could do. There is in the U.K.

In fact, in the U.K. civil servants can attend the equivalent of our JCSC and SCSC
                          There is or was a Masters level course in Leadership Management and Defence Studies through NUI Maynooth.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post

Senior civil servants in other departments frequently travel overseas to attend appropriate international standard further education. Our own DFCOS attended the US War College midway through his career, I believe, and hasn't shied away from further education since.
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anzac View Post
                              There is or was a Masters level course in Leadership Management and Defence Studies through NUI Maynooth.
                              Which is part of the SCSC

There is also MA MILITARY HISTORY AND STRATEGIC STUDIES (which includes at least 1 (I assume former) DF officer on the academic staff. I think the two MA’s may have cross over between them not sure

Comment

Someone heard the calls, it's up there now

Comment

Working...
                                X