No announcement yet.

Scorpion replacment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the DF claimed to have sorted the fume extraction problem on the Scorpion?

Comment

• General Dynamics Land Systems has been awarded a $1.14 billion contract to develop new light tanks for the US Army.

us army are going down the light tank route with 105mm gun
      Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

• Been a while since the US had a light tank. I think the last one was the Sheridan, which ended up being used as opfor in their ex area. It mounted a wierd 152mm main gun, which doubled as a Shillelagh missile launcher.
        After that I think the US replaced everything light tank like with Bradley, which was also, not a tank.
        Will be interesting to see who follows. Any similar vehicle in this class in service was designed in the Late cold war, but the class seems to be coming back.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• The 152mm gun , when fired, rocked the tank so violently back on it's chassis and threw up such a cloud of dust and smoke, that sight of the target was immediately obscured and it advertised the location of the Sheridan to all viewers, but the target rarely needed a second shot. It was also a maintenance nightmare. The same gun system was also fitted to a version of the M60, which was much more sauited to such a large gun.

Comment

Working...
          X