• Show
Clear All

• Canadian Parliament Shooting

3 shootings in Ottawa so far today:
    - 1 at the War Memorial
    - 1 inside the Parliament building
    - 1 at the Rideau Mall

All locations within walking distance.

This is an ongoing incident... and follows the killing 2 days ago of a Canadian Soldier in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC who was run over by a car driven by a radicalized local.

These events may be related, MTF...
    "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Members of the RCMP ERT responding to events in Ottawa:

"On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Canadian Parliament Shooting

Please discuss here. The news thread is for the unfolding events/reportage.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Soldier has since died, one shooter killed by the Sgt-at-arms in the Parliament building by a former RCMP officer by the name of Kevin Vickers.

MP John Williamson tweeted that the Conservative caucus has been told "one CAF soldier was killed," adding "a moment of silence followed." CBC News has confirmed the soldier is a reservist from Hamilton.

Still unclear the actual motive of the attack, but lots of speculation.

May the Fallen Soldier + Rest In Peace +

Sympathy & Condolences to his Family, Friends & Comrades.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B0jvHWyCQAENBF4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	697911

A picture has appeared on a few news sites that was apparently taken just before the shootings at the memorial. It appears to show the soldier that was killed earlier today. RIP

Last edited by Goose; 23 October 2014, 00:30.

Comment

RIP

Comment

RIP
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Rest in Peace

I think this is worthy of sharing:

Attached Files

Comment

RIP

I was surprised to read he was a reservist. I wouldn't have thought a reservist would be doing a ceremonial role such as that.
                  To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Even we have done a bunch of ceremonials, you know that. As long as the BSM was happy. Anyway please keep On Topic
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Rest in peace

Comment

Kevin Vickers Sergeant At Arms for the Canadian Parliament.

Comment

Jungle lost a colleagues

That needs to be recognised and condolences to colleagues are due

Another man in Canada carried out his duties . to protect and serve...and turned up next day to work.

Has to be recognised that this nation has served on peacekeeping above that which most other have and lost people because of that.

The families, the forces and the nation have lost people in the last week while one who had retired went above and beyond.
                          I salute the Canadians for their resolve and sympathize with them in their time of loss.

Curtéis...

RIP
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

All, a few points:

Thanks for the condolences. It has been a rough week... The first event took place in a town I lived in for a few years. I did not know WO Vincent well, but we did meet a few years ago. He was at most a couple of years from retirement...

The second event, in Ottawa, hit us in one, if not the most, important place for Soldiers: the National War Monument and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Cpl Cirillo was a young Reservist who was enthusiastic about his Military Service, with plans to make it a full time career. We have been robbed of two very different Soldiers, yet they had much in common: both were dedicated to Serving their Country.

Cpl Cirillo was on ceremonial Guard duty at the National War Monument and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier; this task is rotated between the CA, RCN and RCAF. The sentries are nominated on a merit basis, and come from both Reserve and Regular units of the CAF. I am confident that as soon as the Police are done with their investigation on the site, the sentries will return, and that we will not be short of volunteers for the task...

We will not be intimitated, we will uphold our values and freedoms, and we will keep fighting the islamist savages as we have done for the last dozen years.

My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed.
                            Admiral Yi Sun Shin --- 1545-1598

Never give up!!"

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                              Jungle lost a colleagues

That needs to be recognised and condolences to colleagues are due

Another man in Canada carried out his duties . to protect and serve...and turned up next day to work.

Has to be recognised that this nation has served on peacekeeping above that which most other have and lost people because of that.

The families, the forces and the nation have lost people in the last week while one who had retired went above and beyond.
                              I salute the Canadians for their resolve and sympathize with them in their time of loss.

Curtéis...

RIP
                              Murph hit the nail on the head, sorry for the loss of your comrades Jungle . What happened was a cowardly sneak attack on brave men.
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                              X