Helicopter Underwater Escape Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter Underwater Escape Training

Remember doing that in the BA, which was a bit nerve wrecking at the time as I nearly drowned during a sailing capsize drill as a child. Great training though!

Comment

Great that they don't have to travel to the UK since NMCI was built

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Great that they don't have to travel to the UK since NMCI was built
        NMCI is a very good and well run facility. Still there was nothing wrong with a night on the lash in Yeovil..

Comment

Do they have regulators in their mouths?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishAirborne View Post
            Do they have regulators in their mouths?
            They do a number of evolutions escaping from the module. Some include the use of HEEDS. (Helicopter Emergency Egress Device) which is a small bottle of air with a regulator that gives a few minuets air to aid escape from the cab.

Comment

Comment

As apprentices, we were given an unofficial go at dinghy drills in a swimming pool. We had to get the dinghy upright and then get in. They deliberately did not tell us that there's a boarding ladder but you have to locate it and pull it out. We did it the first time in our togs, which was hard enough and then the second time in tracksuits. In the shallow end. It was seriously hard work with wet clothing and damn hard until we figured out that the doorway needed to be deflated a little to make it easier to grab the ladder and haul yourself in........Years later,i worked on oil rigs and gas platforms and the Irish company i worked for, a subsidiary of an American company, was too cheap to pay for dunker courses so we could only operate in oil fields that didnt insist on them, despite using helicopters every day to get between rigs.

Comment

Working...
                X