No announcement yet.

Irish Naval Mediterranean EU rescue patrols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last position on marine traffic was received yesterday evening and was coming up to Algiers.

Comment

• Originally posted by whirlywind
      While fully recognizing that this site is an Irish Military online site and it is good to see an Irish Naval Service vessel operating in the Mediterranean it should not be forgotten that Irish ships have shown the flag and have continually traded in this area.
      Well not since Irish Shipping , and have never seen Arklow Shipping in the Med .
      Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
        Which one had to turn back because of improper permissions/paperwork?
        Aoife - No clearance to transit the Bosphorous Straits

Comment

• The people who support the Kinsale field (Mainport) have ships based in the Caspian sea. Mainport Oak is currently in Turkey.
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Would that be the Dutch flagged or Irish flagged vessels .

Comment

• Back on AIS again and currently off the Coast of Tunisia, they made great progress

Comment

• Originally posted by Laners View Post
                Would that be the Dutch flagged or Irish flagged vessels .
                I worked on an Irish Flagged vessel once. Me and the flag were the only Irish thing about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                  I worked on an Irish Flagged vessel once. Me and the flag were the only Irish thing about it.
                  And the flag was probably made in China. Couldn't resist
                  What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Seeing that this is Eithne's first visit to the Med can anyone name the first Officer of the day when the ship berthed at Haulbowline after leaving Verlome .

Comment

• OOD Eithne

Originally posted by Laners View Post
                      Seeing that this is Eithne's first visit to the Med can anyone name the first Officer of the day when the ship berthed at Haulbowline after leaving Verlome .
                      Just had a nice week driving a boat on the Shannon. The OOD on 8th November 1984 had to be either Liam or Pearse her current Captain. I rather think it might have been POD. I don't think the CPO/OOD was in yet. By the way she was towed down after an emergency shut down silenced her MEs.

Comment

• Originally posted by whirlywind
                        It looks like Eithne's AIS is now switched off as she has arrived off Lampadusa and so becomes operationally effective.
                        Not Necessarily. There are quite a few AIS Blackspots in the Med. Also, marinetraffic has been on the blink for the last few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                          Just had a nice week driving a boat on the Shannon. The OOD on 8th November 1984 had to be either Liam or Pearse her current Captain. I rather think it might have been POD. I don't think the CPO/OOD was in yet. By the way she was towed down after an emergency shut down silenced her MEs.
                          Sub lt Pearse O, Donnell it was, her present commander , and it was roast beef for dinner that night .

Comment

• That's what you called it

TE=Laners;427555]Sub lt Pearse O, Donnell it was, her present commander , and it was roast beef for dinner that night .[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by moggy View Post
                              That's what you called it

TE=Laners;427555]Sub lt Pearse O, Donnell it was, her present commander , and it was roast beef for dinner that night .
                              [/QUOTE]

And you believed me .

Comment

• Originally posted by moggy View Post
                                That's what you called it

TE=Laners;427555]Sub lt Pearse O, Donnell it was, her present commander , and it was roast beef for dinner that night .
                                [/QUOTE]

And you ate it!!!!
                                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                                X