Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment Layout

Hey all,

Noticed last year that nobody really knew the layout for the battle vest + daysack as opposed to the older belt order (am I saying it right?)

I haven't had much luck recently trying to come up with a decent layout and I don't have my own battle vest so can't play around with it and figure it out, basically all I've been told is that a lot of things that were previously carried in pouches are now in the daysack?

I know there's a multitude of different ways they can be packed but does anyone have an official layout I can use.

Thanks in advance

Mr. T

You mean what to put where?

Comment

Paging Swift and Sure.
      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
      He put a bullet through his brain.
      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

there's a connect spread for this and we've a big thread for it too
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Have no time to do a kit write up. So in brief... Bombs and comms to the left, Water to the right, slaughter to the front. Sort of.

Comment

I currently have a BV and daysack in my posession for doing part three of the fitness test. will extensively photograph it and stick the photos up with a photo of the connect spread also in that other thread above over the weekend.
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

DO NOT try to follow the SOFQ layout.It is course specific,designed to put weight on the candidate.
              The layout given for the Standard course in the Connect(Oct 2011) is more suited to general infantry use.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I'd love if they actually weighed all the stuff they showed in that connect issue

Comment

As for the connect issue for the std cse don't forget you will also have your body armour on

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                    there's a connect spread for this and we've a big thread for it too

Sorry I did a search but didn't see it, must not have looked hard enough!

Comment

Working...
                    X