irish historical flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irish historical flight

The Irish historical flight museum is going ahead, with assistance and support from several airlines and both the British MoD and the Irish DoD.... I can't put the link up, so happy hunting.
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Good stuff! We are long overdue a dedicated aviation museum!

Btw, anybody here got a couple of spare 'Irish Historic Flight' stickers?
    (I contacted IHC directly but got no reply)
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Site identified at the Don

Comment

Originally posted by Turkey View Post
        The both the British MoD and the Irish DoD.... I can't put the link up, so happy hunting.
        I was not aware that the British MoD was involved.........in what capacity?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Kearns View Post
          I was not aware that the British MoD was involved.........in what capacity?
          No idea yet Tony, just passed on what I was told..

Comment

spares for aircraft or insight into technical side of running a historical flight maybe??
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
              Good stuff! We are long overdue a dedicated aviation museum!

Btw, anybody here got a couple of spare 'Irish Historic Flight' stickers?
              (I contacted IHC directly but got no reply)
              We had one in the past but the powers that be chose to ignore it. This effort is farcical as most of the actual historic aircraft in the country are long gone.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Comment

They are taking this very seriously as the Chipmunks are privately owned but have been transferred to the IHF, the Don and the IAA are throwing money ( paid a lot of money to get 168 back to flight) and time at it and Lingus is allowing the Iolar to be included and from what I hear, the Museum will go ahead. This has been in the pipeline for a long time and the heavy hitters are backing it.

Comment

Irish Historic Flight. 2,701 likes · 7 talking about this. Irish Historic Flight Foundation is a fantastic initiative for the aviation industry to celebrate Ireland’s rich aviation heritage.

Apparently the aircraft pictured is the T9 crashed during the summer, repairs are underway at Biggin Hill. But the owner has stated his intention to sell it...

Comment

well, if they want to get a Spitfire and keep it flying, they need deep, very deep pockets just to even buy it, let alone keep it running. Merlin parts cost telephonic amounts of money......there's a very nice Marchetti sitting there that could be made flyable for very small money. It'd be more in their line to try that.....

Comment

I'd love to hear the scream of a Fouga Magister again - although I'm told a civvies attempt hit a roadblock with the IAA.

Comment

Originally posted by pym View Post
                          I'd love to hear the scream of a Fouga Magister again - although I'm told a civvies attempt hit a roadblock with the IAA.
                          Yeah there was one on the Irish register for years but it never flew. its still in storage..EI BXO ..ex Finnish Air Force machine
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

That Fouga is being turned into a gate guard at the Don. Work is in progress.

Comment

The Fouga, BXO, was allowed to be registered (they couldn't decline to) but the IAA stalled when push came to shove and declined to allow it to fly on the basis that there was no person in Ireland certified to sign off maintenance on the Fouga as a civilian and there was no legal protocol to allow jet warbirds to fly on the Irish register (and still isn't).

Comment

Working...
                              X