irish historical flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
    The Fouga, BXO, was allowed to be registered (they couldn't decline to) but the IAA stalled when push came to shove and declined to allow it to fly on the basis that there was no person in Ireland certified to sign off maintenance on the Fouga as a civilian and there was no legal protocol to allow jet warbirds to fly on the Irish register (and still isn't).
    The good old Institute Against Aviation at their finest.

Comment

A great idea and long overdue, however when I read this I know that more time and effort is prob going into this project than planning out the future and present problems in the Air Corps. This is being driven by our leader at the top as a legacy project. A more fitting legacy would be to leave the organisation more capable and more diverse when leaving, which all the last successive GOCs have failed badly to to.

If action isn't taken soon there'll be more aircraft in the historic flight than in the hangers across the runway!

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
        We had one in the past but the powers that be chose to ignore it. This effort is farcical as most of the actual historic aircraft in the country are long gone.
        Hope it doesnt turn into a white elephant.

Comment

Great to read that the Baldonnel will finally have a (Fouga) gate guardian! Long overdue!

Does anybody here have contact with the 'Irish Historic Flight'?
          I've contacted them on several occassions regarding stickers, but have received no reply..
          IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

try their Facebook page. i dont know if they have got to the stickers phase yet.

Comment

It appears they have very poor communication skills. I've contacted them a couple of times (and mentioned my keen interest in historic aviation matters) but no reply received. I'm the type of person they should be encouraging!?

Stickers were released many months / one year ago. See attached pic I took of a toolchest in a Baldonnel hangar c.six months ago...

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1718.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	374.2 KB
ID:	698042
              Last edited by Silver; 22 January 2016, 00:01.
              IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

Does your "keen interest in historic aviation matters" extend to making a monetary donation?

If not, lose the sense of entitlement.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetjock View Post
                  Does your "keen interest in historic aviation matters" extend to making a monetary donation?

If not, lose the sense of entitlement.
                  Silver has a long established history in supporting and promoting Irish Aviation. You do also realise that the stickers he mentioned would be for sale? If you are involved in aviation in Ireland, you should know who he is.
                  Otherwise, lose the h'attitude.
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

I know people involved in Irish Historic Flight(as should anyone with a moderate involvement in Irish aviation).

I know the amount of work that went/goes into it. I know planes don't fly on a "keen interest" alone.

I'm quite sure the owner of that toolbox earned that sticker in hours/expertise.

I'll keep my attitude thanks. There's a certain comfort in my perennial cynicism.

Comment

you two with the handbags : STAND DOWN,[ Mod].

Silver is not wrong with his grievance, on the other hand the Irish Historical Flight people, have, the equivalent, of crawled kilometers over broken glass to get where they are now, so I'd forgive them the occasional PR lapse, unfortunate that it might be.
                      "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                      Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                      Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

@nagrohmiti, I'm 30 years in Irish aviation, I'm a friend of Jetjock and I have no idea who Silver is....

Comment

You only think that.
                          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Are there any aircraft that were made/built in Ireland (such as Shorts) to be included in the proposed display inventory.

Comment

Shorts built in Ireland?! Go on up to Shorts territory and say that!......the only aircraft built in Ireland these days are like this:

regards,
                              GttC

Comment

there are some serious players behind this museum and the IAA are throwing their weight behind it, basically because they didn't give two ****s for the last umpty years and have cottoned onto the fact that our national aviation heritage is fragmented and scattered and people have been clamouring for something solid to be done for years. Right now, you need to go to Atlantic Airventure in Shannon, the railway Museum in Dromod or the Flying Boat Museum in Foynes or the Museum in Baldonnel or the National Museum in Collins' Bks to see Air Corps heritage and bits of our commercial aviation heritage. This museum has the potential to be very, very good, if it's done right. Being an Irish project, there are agendas and empire-building already going on ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X