• Show
Clear All

• Bray Air Display Sunday 191400A July 2015

Date: Sunday, 19th of July 2015
    Times: From 14.00 to 17.00
    Venue: Bray Air Show
    Address: Bray Seafront, Strand Road, Bray Co.Wicklow
    Free event

From Bray Summerfest "Join us on Sunday, July 19th 2015 from 2pm for the annual Bray Air Show.

Over 88,000 people attended the Air show in 2014. This year we have brilliant line up.

The Display Director for the Bray Air Display, Sé Pardy of Simtech Aviation, said: “As this will be the 10th Annual Bray Air Display, we’ve got an extra special programme lined up for families. From vintage aircraft to supersonic jets, and from smoke-filled displays to precision formation flying, we’re showing the public the very best of what Irish and international aviation has to offer.”

Part of the Bray Summerfest programme (#bsf15), and supported by the Irish Aviation Authority, the Bray Air Display, starts at the earlier time of 2.00pm on Sunday, 19th July, and is expected to attract over 80,000 visitors to the East Coast that day.

One of the major highlights will be the Swiss Air Force Aerobatic team, Patrouille Suisse, as they make their Irish debut. The six aircraft, flying in the Swiss national colours, are also taking part in an official rehearsal for Bray, on Friday, July 17th.

Other crowd favourites this year include the Black Knights Defence Forces Parachute Team, the Boeing Stearman, the MIG-15, the Strikemaster, the high-speed SBach and the Hunter.

Jets from Aer Lingus, Ryanair and CityJet will also be taking to the skies above Bray that day and spectators are strongly advised to use Dublin Bus, DART and other public transport services, as traffic restrictions will be in place."

Buckle up for Ireland’s biggest air festival which kicks off on Saturday, July 29th with ground entertainment from 12 noon daily followed by the airshow at 3 pm on both days. It’s 2 days of action & entertainment!

Buckle up for Ireland’s biggest air festival which kicks off on Saturday, July 29th with ground entertainment from 12 noon daily followed by the airshow at 3 pm on both days. It’s 2 days of action & entertainment!
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

These guys just landed in the Don.

Last edited by Craghopper; 17 July 2015, 14:37.

Comment

New music!
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Still some way off Silver Swallows standards.

Comment

Good video from the PC9 practice flights, best of luck to all flight and ground crews for Shannon and Bray Air Shows!

And groovy music too! LOL, good sound track to go these flights. Probably been considered by those making these, but some voice-over during some of these videos would really add to them.

Comment

"The Arrival of the Patrouille Suisse at Casement Aerodrome in preparation for the Bray Air Show."

Comment

Comment

Dont let the crusties see the swiss flew in with their cannons in the airframes lol
                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Er... it's ok, they were just showing us that they were unloaded... ahem.
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

DSC_0296 by Michael Michael, on Flickr
                    DSC_0298 by Michael Michael, on Flickr
                    DSC_0274 by Michael Michael, on Flickr
                    DSC_0219 by Michael Michael, on Flickr
                    DSC_0208 by Michael Michael, on Flickr

Apologies about quality, lack of practice and camera/lens lash up, not quite compatable.. there are more if you all give a toss...
                    Last edited by Turkey; 22 July 2015, 15:13.
                    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                    Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

DSC_0029 by Michael Michael, on Flickr
                      DSC_0054 by Michael Michael, on Flickr
                      DSC_0070 by Michael Michael, on Flickr
                      DSC_0119 by Michael Michael, on Flickr
                      DSC_0147 by Michael Michael, on Flickr

I know there is other photo's out there besides mine.....
                      Last edited by Turkey; 23 July 2015, 13:12.
                      "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                      Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                      Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                      X