Medal Hanging advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal Hanging advice

Need to be pointed in the right direction by anyone who knows there stuff on dress regs.
    Sitting cadet interview in my No1's next week and I dont know if I should have medals or ribbons on my tunic. I wont be wearing whites, green belt.... so that would be ribbons??? Someone please help

Ribbons without a doubt!

Comment

Get your hands on a copy of A9

Comment

Check the interview instructions you have been given to see if it specifies SD no1 or 2.IF the instructions don't specify ring the orderly room in the Cadet school and ask for the CS.It's a simple question."For RDF pers presenting for interview is the dress SD No 1 or 2?"
        If it's NO2. You wear ribbons,black issue shoes(or linkers if you havent been issued shoes)best beret(properly shaped,shaved and brushed) and cloth belt.Make sure your unit lanyard is fitted correctly and collar badges are on correctly.IE you ned to be IMMACULATE!
        If it's NO1 you wear medals and boots,cloth belt and beret.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

No its definitely green belt... ie No2's ... Im PDF and I was told to wear peaker by my Lt. But yeah would be just be ribbons with that then? And can someone tell me which should go on which side. Have a medal from UNIFIL and the peace medal... or does it matter.... I would assume the peace medal would be first followed by mission medal???

Comment

Peacekeeper Medal (nearest the centre of chest), then mission medal

I would imagine it's ribbons but check
            Last edited by DeV; 8 August 2015, 18:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggles View Post
              No its definitely green belt... ie No2's ... Im PDF and I was told to wear peaker by my Lt. But yeah would be just be ribbons with that then? And can someone tell me which should go on which side. Have a medal from UNIFIL and the peace medal... or does it matter.... I would assume the peace medal would be first followed by mission medal???
              You cant wear peaker with No 2's. Peaker is ONLY worn for ceremonial when No1's are worn and when you would be wearing medals anyway.Anything else is beret.
              When is your interview?If you have time get the medals mounted(They should be anyway),it looks more professional and takes out the guess work.It also has the added advantage of making the medals easier/quicker to don and doff.
              Again.If it states SDno1.It's medals and beret.
              If SDNo2 it's ribbons and beret.

Precedence of medals is peacekeeping medal on the right of the UN medal(as worn).You should be able to access the guide to DF medals on the DF internet site along with IKON.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                You cant wear peaker with No 2's. Peaker is ONLY worn for ceremonial when No1's are worn and when you would be wearing medals anyway.Anything else is beret.
                When is your interview?If you have time get the medals mounted(They should be anyway),it looks more professional and takes out the guess work.It also has the added advantage of making the medals easier/quicker to don and doff.
                Again.If it states SDno1.It's medals and beret.
                If SDNo2 it's ribbons and beret.

Precedence of medals is peacekeeping medal on the right of the UN medal(as worn).You should be able to access the guide to DF medals on the DF internet site along with IKON.
                Well given the berets on far side of the country not much I can do, But I know from experience the head dress is not worn during the interview so it wont matter, Just dont want to get bounced off walking around the Curragh.

But yeah as the post above you said, mission medal on the outside? I wont have access to the intranet

Cheers again

Comment

Well given the berets on far side of the country not much I can do, But I know from experience the head dress is not worn during the interview so it wont matter, Just dont want to get bounced off walking around the Curragh.

But yeah as the post above you said, mission medal on the outside? I wont have access to the intranet

Cheers again
                  Starting how you mean to go on as an officer yeah? Getting the NCO's to do the work for you!
                  Two second search on Military.ie. Your welcome.How to wear medals is at the back of the book.

PS: Zero points for prep so far if your headress is on the other side of the country!!

Comment

Cheers mate Thought you meant on the Intranet.... silly me.

Left on the far side of the country following an officers instructions Ain't that some irony.

Thanks a mill anyway

Comment

I find it bizarre when people dont know how to wear medals especially if you were only issued 2

Comment

50/50 chance of getting it wrong.
                        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                          I find it bizarre when people dont know how to wear medals especially if you were only issued 2
                          Well I'm not exactly big into the ceremonial stuff, and no one I know has ever been instructed on the matter. So when I don't know the answer to something I ask.
                          Get over your self.

Comment

So this is what you guys call a 'Troll'?

Comment

Well I'm not exactly big into the ceremonial stuff, and no one I know has ever been instructed on the matter. So when I don't know the answer to something I ask.
                              Get over your self.
                              Ok!! Where to start, your not into ceremonial but want to get into the cdt sch .
                              As for get over my self as an ex cdt school instructor, you will be found out ..

Comment

Working...
                              X