Air Defence Regiment Orbat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Defence Regiment Orbat

Can anyone advise what the current Orbat for Air Defence is? Have the Bofors and Flycatchers been mothballed or sold? Ditto the Mark 1 RBS70's?

Do you want to know where the keys for the ammo stores are kept too?
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Under the mat that says "you again?" on it, isn't it?
      Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

Its up on the net that the Bofors got boarded in 2013.

Comment

In one word......lasers

Comment

The handheld pointer ones have proven very effective on AH64 jockeys and made them open up the range!

Comment

Could you imagine that though... Someone tries to blind an apache pilot with a hand held laser.... And the immediate response is 50 rounds of 30mm right back down the line of the laser! Game over

Comment

Originally posted by Napp View Post
                Could you imagine that though... Someone tries to blind an apache pilot with a hand held laser.... And the immediate response is 50 rounds of 30mm right back down the line of the laser! Game over
                The flights into Dublin Airport should have similar counter measures
                Might sort out the f***ers who were shining lasers up at the planes a while ago...

AIRLINE pilots have called for hand-held laser pointers to be banned after a number of pilots were dazzled by them while landing.
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest View Post
                  Can anyone advise what the current Orbat for Air Defence is? Have the Bofors and Flycatchers been mothballed or sold? Ditto the Mark 1 RBS70's?
                  AFAIK the ORBAT isn't in the public domain since the reorg

Comment

rbs 70s were upgraded
                    http://saabgroup.com/sv/Media/news-p...BS-70-upgrade/

http://www.herald.ie/news/army-fires...-30348102.html
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Related

Comment

6 years old now.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

This thread really highlights the very limited AD capability here.

Comment

It's probably the most capable it has ever been

Comment

whitepaper makes cause for upgraded detection (radars) and also looking at improving capabilities of interception or of defending the airspace. even to see that mentioned on a white paper along with these upgrades to the RBS 70s is amazing.

In other news i seem to remember hearing from someone that the giraffes aren't all in full working condition. this would upset me to be honest if it were true. but wouldn't surprise me.
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                              X