Flags to schools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ned stark View Post

Proceeds?? Who said anything about paying for it?????
    Download it off the interweb, print, cut to size and pin.

Which isn't just for 1916!!!!

I've bought the fuschia badge too but don't understand the relationship between it and 1916.
    it doesn't really but it is the nearest thing

Comment

Just got issued my Peaker last night along with return of my tunic from the Bn Tailor with my New Bn flash and my new lanyard.
      So its not impossible.
      Also... im not based in a permanent barracks nor in a dublin unit.
      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        They seem to be expecting bad weather anyway

anyone else's units looking for sizes for ocercoats?

Comment

They all are.

Comment

Are they going on the scale of issue? (I know the info on the Cultraca flash said it would be worn on greatcoats)

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
              Just got issued my Peaker last night along with return of my tunic from the Bn Tailor with my New Bn flash and my new lanyard.
              So its not impossible.
              Also... im not based in a permanent barracks nor in a dublin unit.
              You get the tailor to put on your cultaca tab aswell??
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                Issues yet?

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                  It is still on order.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    anyone else's units looking for sizes for ocercoats?
                    Haven't heard anything as yet in my location. But I have a greatcoat already - or is this a new pattern one?
                    I remember years ago being jealous of a former Sgt of mine who had one of the older woollen overcoats with his SD No.1 (warmer!)
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Not sure

Comment

Not yet

Comment

All units *ALL* are being polled for GC sizings/numbers due to procurement lead-times, is my understanding. Seems fair enough to me.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                            Any member of the PDF or RDF are welcome to attend d their own child's school on the day of the presentation in full number ones with medals.

They are not permitted to take part in the ceremony as the teams of two have had certain training.

So DF was more correct to be fair.
                            The two person team that came to my daughter's school became a 4 person team as the two parents in full uniform was asked by the two to join them.

I couldn't get off work but my time will come.

We were all sized for great coat. Took my old one out of the wardrobe. Its a bit tight.................It must be over 20 years since I last wore it!!!

Comment

Why are others turning up in uniform?? To hijack this event? Are the pdf getting a days leave etc why turn up in uniform is it a self promotion thing, I'm a soldier look at my uniform or I have No 1,s and I'm in reserve .

Comment

When grossed up the schools gig must consume a fair bit of mandays and transport no doubt this has been allowed for and perceived beneficial outcomes outweigh the inputs. Did all the personnel involved have to be vetted.

Comment

Working...
                                X