Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armed British police to ignore injured to storm marauding terrorists in IS attack sim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed British police to ignore injured to storm marauding terrorists in IS attack sim

Armed British police to ignore injured to storm marauding terrorists in IS attack simulation

The Metropolitan Police have told their armed officers to "go forward" in a new training scheme which forces them to ignore wounded victims and colleagues in a terror attack

Armed UK police tackling marauding terrorists have been told to ignore injured victims and colleagues and storm buildings immediately in a new tactic to save lives.

And?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      And?
      It might be interesting to those that read and study about TTPs

While it would be tempting to posit Paris as another bloody data point explained by our conceptual schema, Paris is in fact cause for broadening and expanding it.

For police, responding to simple, single site attacks requires a high degree of tactical proficiency. Larger, more complex, area-wide simultaneous assaults require a high degree of coordination and the employment of operational art. Urban operational art for the police demands integration of patrol, special operations (tactical response including SWAT, bomb squad, riot/crowd control, media/public information, detectives and investigation, and intelligence, as well as synchronization with the fire service, emergency medical services (EMS), emergency management, civil authorities, and potentially the military. Such coordination may be needed at multiple locations in a single jurisdiction or among authorities spread across multiple jurisdictions.
      Police must assume from now on that attackers might derive logistical support, inspiration, funding, and/or direction from a diverse combination of local, regional, and extra-regional sources. Moreover, they cannot also assume that one large attack by an attacker group is all they must contend with – synchronized attacks may occur designed to augment the execution and impact of one attack mission. Campaigns containing multiple simultaneous (or near-simultaneous) and/or sequential attacks (including attacks or engagements during exfiltration and escape) must be accounted for and demand the development and employment of operational art for urban battle. [xxx]
      This, when coupled with the potential for a more unpredictable attacker set composition, suggests that conceptual integration is of more than just academic or high-level policy relevance. It matters very much for operational preparation for countering armed assaults. In order to train, prepare, red-team, plan, and allocate resources properly before the attack, police and other security agencies need to have scripts, scenarios, and models of how an attack is organized, rehearsed, and executed.

Comment

#winningthefirefight

Comment

Originally posted by TangoSierra View Post
          Armed British police to ignore injured to storm marauding terrorists in IS attack simulation

The Metropolitan Police have told their armed officers to "go forward" in a new training scheme which forces them to ignore wounded victims and colleagues in a terror attack

Armed UK police tackling marauding terrorists have been told to ignore injured victims and colleagues and storm buildings immediately in a new tactic to save lives.
          different breed of terrorist now - these Muslims don't want to come out alive, so you need to get in there and kill them before they kill more.

a sign of the times but i'm glad the British Police are taking this stance.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

I would have taught that the priority would always have been to stop a terrorist, if for no other reason than your own safety (and the likes of EMS treating casualties.

Comment

Police tactics have been different to military tactics in dealing with armed culprits ... in the past. The Priority being to contain and arrest.
              Experience seems to be suggesting the military way is the better one.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Just happening now

UP to 20 people have been injured in a mass shooting in San Bernardino, California.

Local police have said it is still an active shooting scene.

There are reports that as many as three men in military-style uniforms are carrying out the shootings.

Comment

I know it's something you hope you'd never see on the streets of Ireland but I'm hoping that the DF and Gardaí run a drill like this sometime in the near future. It's becoming a more and more common scenario in the world.

And if you can't run a drill at least put some kind of plan in place.
                  To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

I wonder at what point having paramedics trained and equipped to co-operate with the police in a hostile environment will come about? Army medics don't wait for the battlefield to be secured to start treatment and evacuation, but this is going to " mbe much more "scoop and run" than seems to be the modern algorithm-led approach of civilian rescue services.
                    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                      I wonder at what point having paramedics trained and equipped to co-operate with the police in a hostile environment will come about? Army medics don't wait for the battlefield to be secured to start treatment and evacuation, but this is going to " mbe much more "scoop and run" than seems to be the modern algorithm-led approach of civilian rescue services.

Comment

Is it something that is provided to ambulance crews / first responders, or as the threat level in Ireland is seen as low, would courses like this also be seen as a low priority?

I must try to find out what is the view over here.
                        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
                          I know it's something you hope you'd never see on the streets of Ireland but I'm hoping that the DF and Gardaí run a drill like this sometime in the near future. It's becoming a more and more common scenario in the world.

And if you can't run a drill at least put some kind of plan in place.

Members of Ireland’s elite special forces unit the Army Ranger Wing patrolled on the roof of Ireland’s busiest shopping centre in readiness for a terrorist attack.
                          Members of ‘The Wing’ carried out exercises just days after the Paris terror attacks which left 130 people dead.

During the exercise, highly-trained soldiers armed with heavy weapons patrolled on the roof of the Dundrum shopping centre in Dublin.

The Irish Daily Star reports that Dundrum was chosen for the exercise because of its high footfall and ISIS’s preference to attack heavily populated areas.

Can Ireland really prepare for a terrorist attack?
                          Decisive action, tight co-operation between services the best ways to deal with threats

In the wake of the Paris terrorist slaughter and the subsequent counter-terrorist assault by police in St Denis, official Irish responses have been a mix of soothing words of reassurance combined with urgings to, in effect, stay quiet, lest we draw attention to ourselves.
                          However, the post-Paris threat facing all western countries, not just France, featured prominently yesterday morning at the start of a week-long training course at the Defence Forces Ordnance School in the Curragh, Co Kildare.
                          The course is sponsored by the Defence Against Terrorism Programme of Work of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, to which Ireland is connected through the Partnership for Peace programme.
                          Organised long before the Paris attacks, it was attended by up to 20 members of the Defence Forces and Garda Síochána, plus members of the security forces from several other European countries, including Germany, and also the United States.
                          Last edited by TangoSierra; 2 December 2015, 23:42.

Comment

I should have clarified, I meant the likes of the average soldier in barracks. Having the wing trained up for this is great but lets face the hard truth. A paris style attack in Dublin city centre won't wait around for half an hour for ERU/ARW to get ready and arrive on scene. First on scene will be unarmed Gardai. Without going into specifics I would hope there is a system in place whereby a call is made and in a short space of time armed DF personnel can be on scene.
                            To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Heard rumour that some elements of the DF in the last two weeks did an anti terrorist exercise in dundrum shopping centre at an ungodly hour involving AW139s and ARW at least.... could have been that they were christmas shopping though :D

ah, i see i should have read down through all postss!!!
                              well, from what I had heard, choppers were not as readily available to us on ex DK due to this exercise in dundrum.
                              Last edited by morpheus; 3 December 2015, 14:14.
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                              X