Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALL Combat Roles in the US Armed Forces now open to women - without exception!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL Combat Roles in the US Armed Forces now open to women - without exception!

In a historic transformation of the American military, Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter said on Thursday that the Pentagon will open all combat jobs to women.

“There will be no exceptions,” Mr. Carter said at a news conference.

The groundbreaking decision overturns a 1994 Pentagon rule that restricts women from artillery, armor, infantry and other such combat roles, even though in reality women often found themselves in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan over the past 14 years.

The military faced a deadline set by the Obama administration three years ago to integrate women into all combat jobs by 2016 or ask for specific exemptions. The Navy and Air Force have already opened almost all combat positions to women, and the Army has also increasingly integrated its forces.

read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/us...sh-carter.html

well well well....
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

If they can meet the same standards why not?
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
      it will end in tears - literally.

it always does...
      RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Wait until one is captured and put all over the internet by the likes of IS, It will be a propaganda gift, But a nightmare for her county.

Comment

It already happened. Remember Jessica Lynch? Propaganda is a two way street.
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

I'm sure we have all served alongside women who could easily meet the standard, and guys who couldn't. However, the bar should be the same height for both. I could never understand why females had to run a shorter distance, slower, carrying less weight, to be considered "equal"...
            'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
            'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
            Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
            He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
            http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
              I'm sure we have all served alongside women who could easily meet the standard, and guys who couldn't. However, the bar should be the same height for both. I could never understand why females had to run a shorter distance, slower, carrying less weight, to be considered "equal"...
              I should have clarified, that's what I was referring to. Equal standards.
              To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

so long as those who make the grade have no objection to and partake in 'Naked Bar!' like the rest of us then they will fit right in.

i doubt it somehow though....
                RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

I'll wait to see a woman shit in a rip lock bag in an op.. Already seen two get picked out if a op on a course for toilet break..

Comment

As long as I all end up in the glen reliving the unisex shower scene from starship troopers ill be happy. -- teenage fantasy bucket list ticked
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

I'M BACK

couldn't miss out on IMO's take on all this, and yours truly is here to drop some home truths.

This is a ****ing joke. Women are already pandered to in the ****ing army. PTs ignoring the fact the females are crossing the finish line of the annual fitness test well over time. Women in the artillery not able to shift boxes of rounds or charges, leaving the lads to make up for their lack of strength. Fat useless NCO's pandering to the chicks in the hope that they might get a drunk shag at the next unit piss up... Management in the army don't have the balls to enforce standards upon them for fears of not being inclusive, and to be fair, in this climate who would? It's career suicide!

/drops mic

Comment

and all of these things youve described are counter productive and in their own strange way, discriminatory of women in the 1st place. Same standards for all, equally, gender aside, or it will all come crashing down.
                        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Positive discrimination is still discrimination.
                          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

This three part article pretty much outlines my position on the matter.

Comment

I doubt highly that they will require women to meet the same standards. But another issue is that US women AREN'T required to register for selective service.

Comment

Working...
                              X