'Very High Readiness Joint Task Force' - British and Danish Commanders meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Very High Readiness Joint Task Force' - British and Danish Commanders meet

The commanding officers of a British and a Danish Battlegroup playing key roles in NATO’s new 'Very High Readiness Joint Task Force' have met for the first time.

In January next year, Britain’s 1st Battalion the Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment and Denmark’s 1st Hussars will be on standby to rapidly respond to any crisis in NATO territory.

- See more at: http://www.bfbs.com/news/articles/ar....2Ju5F6Pe.dpuf
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

While the idea of a vjtf is a good one the reality is that the only country in the world that can put a Brigade combat team into theatre in less than two weeks is the United States.

Also the difficulties of dealing with a combined joint unit of brigade size and smaller out weighs the positives unfortunately. These difficulties may be mitigated by the fact hat the countries are all NATO signatories but have no doubt that sovereign political frictions surrounding any mission will translate into confusion and lack of coherency on the ground in the Vjtf that will unfortunately risk lives. My two cents anyway.
    Last edited by TangoSierra; 22 May 2016, 09:51.

Comment

You have to wonder why they don't use existing formations (eg ARRC)

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        You have to wonder why they don't use existing formations (eg ARRC)
        i spent years on the ARRC - it is a complex top-heavy beast that cannot train routinely on the levels required by this Task Force.
        RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
          i spent years on the ARRC - it is a complex top-heavy beast that cannot train routinely on the levels required by this Task Force.
          I suspect the VJTF will be no different.

Comment

Originally posted by TangoSierra View Post
            I suspect the VJTF will be no different.
            at least they might get BattleGroups out on the ground in training instead of only HQ formations living in tent-city and commanding simulated troops for a week or 2.
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

at least they might get BattleGroups out on the ground in training instead of only HQ formations living in tent-city and commanding simulated troops for a week or 2.
              I was always a little jealous of the guys in ARRC tent city when it came to Okehampton. We were getting smashed 2/3 times a day on beat-up and you lot were just chilling out 24/7. And yous ****ers were always first in the queue for scran in the galley, I hated yous for it!

Comment

Unfortunately this is my prediction of what will happen unless the framework nations are deployed to a single common base in a hosting country

Comment

Originally posted by gibedepusib0ss View Post
                  I was always a little jealous of the guys in ARRC tent city when it came to Okehampton. We were getting smashed 2/3 times a day on beat-up and you lot were just chilling out 24/7. And yous ****ers were always first in the queue for scran in the galley, I hated yous for it!
                  terribly sorry about that old chap
                  RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                  X