Interesting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting.

Interesting.I know Cambrian patrol is coming up but this must be something new for us.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Are we in it ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Would you like to know that we invited Ireland to take part, but never got an answer?

Same thing for Joint Warrior - we offered space at Cape Wrath for FAC, FOO and NGS, as well as anything else that appealed. No answer...

Comment

Originally posted by ropebag View Post
        Would you like to know that we invited Ireland to take part, but never got an answer?

Same thing for Joint Warrior - we offered space at Cape Wrath for FAC, FOO and NGS, as well as anything else that appealed. No answer...
        Although I'm not surprised, it's very depressing to read that.

Comment

Did ye read the article fellas?It clearly states we ARE in it!!
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

#
            Please, please say your only joking. I know there are a lot of full time clowns that slip through the regional quota recruitment system on the pay roll in our Department of Defence, but basic stuff like a reply should not be to advanced for one of them to attempt. even run around to the local priest or Garda Sargent to write it down for one of them to copy.

Orrr. Some slippery serpent want to pee off the British, so that these awkward invites stop.

I despair

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
              thats my reading of it too, they would hardly print it without confirmation surely.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                I was alluding to the Joint Warrior thing, it's unforgivable that we turned down something on that scale.

Comment

If its on, this is a major leap forward. Claire Daly will have a raw arse on her for this one.
                  Last edited by sofa; 11 October 2016, 21:45.

Comment

in fact it states that the ex is current which suggests we must have people involved??

Comment

Exercise Vambrace Warrior will take place between October 8 and 15.

Surface to air missiles and Hercules aircraft to be involved in Honourable Artillery Company's exercise involving overseas troops

Comment

Do we have reservists on the ground : if so I'd be sorely pressed given local arguing at my own callsign. Pressed would be shorthand for several sentences of four letter words.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                          Do we have reservists on the ground
                          If there is it would be positive..... But .......
                          The electronic Irish Statute Book (eISB) comprises the Acts of the Oireachtas (Parliament), Statutory Instruments, Legislation Directory, Constitution and a limited number of pre-1922 Acts.

The word "Permanent" is in there

Permission was saught (by the PDF) to get the RDF CIS lads who were doing groundbreaking (DF wise (not sure about civvy wise)) work for the Battlegroup to go on their ex. Shot down possibly for same reason.

if so I'd be sorely pressed given local arguing at my own callsign. Pressed would be shorthand for several sentences of four letter words.
                          ???

Comment

Could they have gone as short term civvy connies to manage the CIS systems?

Comment

Is that wise? Sure ANGLICO couldn't even call in fire last time I manned a net at Cape Wrath and they are (supposedly) trained in our Fire Discipline.

Comment

Working...
                              X