This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any pics of all this new kit?
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• See Post 117 for pictures of the prototypes(thank god they have fixed the Trouser pockets!) and Post's 394 and 399 in this thread for pictures of the finished product RE the shirt and the trousers.The shirt had the UBACS pocket added.On ONE sleeve and the Trouser pockets were angled backwards instead of forwards and the larger slotted buttons used instead of the smaller ones to close it.)

The only differences on the smock from the prototype and the issue is the addition of the fleece lining to the collar.

The boonie hat is as per the prototype and is HUGE.

The UBACS now comes with a side zipped collar.
      Last edited by apod; 6 August 2019, 17:21.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• The shirt looks minging… the trousers with set elastics, its going to look gank on guys who are not straight off the peg.....has the actual DPM pattern changed? Looking at the detail the actual patterns in the shirts seem to have acquired more 'squiggles'
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Nope.Pattern is the same.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Anyone notice the new shirts being worn in a few of the recent DF official photos.Mainly by RDF.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by apod; 17 September 2019, 00:40.

Comment

• I notice the new general wearing what I assume is a new shirt. Whats the deal with the pocket location? Too high for a waist pocket, too low for a chest pocket. why bother at all?
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Noticed that too.Modified shirt.
                She would have just been better off to just wadi the pockets altogether.Or better still get issued one of the 2018 shirts with no,ahem,"breast" pockets.
                Personally I think it was a poor choice of attire for a first official photo.

Comment

• "Tactical trousers"(Arktis/Crye style) to begin manufacture in Jan 2020.
                  Scale of issue still unknown.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                    "Tactical trousers"(Arktis/Crye style) to begin manufacture in Jan 2020.
                    Scale of issue still unknown.
                    I imagine it'll be like the UBAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
                      I imagine it'll be like the UBAC.
                      That would be my guess too. I believe they are being manufactured by Seyntex from an Arktis design(who got the Idea from Crye). I haven't had a chance to examine them but looking at some videos of the original Arktis ones on Youtube they look to be a great bit of kit. I assume they come with a pair of removable kneepads.

If so those that mean a separate issue of kneepads is no longer required? As it is the issue elbow pads are defunct since the UBAC was introduced.

Comment

• First new smock showed up at my callsign today. I say smock but fit wise it is more like the old combat jacket. They are shorter and more tailored. If you want to be able to get your layers underneath with ease I would advise that whatever your current size is go at least one size up if being issued one of the new ones.
                        One issue that was pointed out is that the placement of the rank slide holder is higher up than on the old model.Meaning that the wearer cannot leave the neck of the smock open too far down.Also the fleece lined collar means you can't fold down the collar when the hood is detached at it looks ridiculous to do so.

EDIT: Cancel my last. go at least TWO sizes up if you want to be able to fit your layers under and when you go to get sized don't just try the Smock(it's really a jacket) on over a shirt and t-shirt.
                        Wear a Barrack jacket or snugpack aswell. They are VERY tight fitting.
                        Last edited by apod; 26 October 2019, 12:24.

Comment

• PDF Recruits in Cork wearing a mixture of old and new "smocks".

Those with the new type "smock" have the hood front velcro closed and the hood hanging down their back similar to the old smock hood.

I say similar but it is anything but. It looks awful. Any of you NCO's,if you end up with troops who have the new "smock" don't try to make them look uniform with the old ones.You can't.
                          Just tell them to remove the hood and wear the smock buttoned up to the collar. It looks waaaaaaaaaaaaay neater.

New shirts are a nause also. If you are right handed and used to stowing your phone in your left chest pocket. Get used to now having to use your left hand to get your phone out of your right side bicep pocket. Why oh why didn't we just go for a UBACS style pocket on BOTH sleeves????????????Grrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                            PDF Recruits in Cork wearing a mixture of old and new "smocks".

Those with the new type "smock" have the hood front velcro closed and the hood hanging down their back similar to the old smock hood.

I say similar but it is anything but. It looks awful. Any of you NCO's,if you end up with troops who have the new "smock" don't try to make them look uniform with the old ones.You can't.
                            Just tell them to remove the hood and wear the smock buttoned up to the collar. It looks waaaaaaaaaaaaay neater.

New shirts are a nause also. If you are right handed and used to stowing your phone in your left chest pocket. Get used to now having to use your left hand to get your phone out of your right side bicep pocket. Why oh why didn't we just go for a UBACS style pocket on BOTH sleeves????????????Grrrrr
                            And why on a shirt designed for barracks wear

Comment

• any pics going
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                                any pics going
                                Seek and ye shall find.
                                2018 new style smock. Chest pockets and fitted hood removed. Left sleeve has bicep pocket and lower arm double pen patch pocket. Right sleeve has Bicep pocket a

2018 Pattern Unisex shirt. Chest pockets removed and slits in each hem to accommodate female wearers.

(Unless it was pictures of the recruits you were looking for.In which case I can't help you.And why would you want them anyway ya sick b'stad??)

Comment

Working...
                                X