This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
    New sniper backpack, the Eberlestock Gunslinger, expensive bit of kit.

https://eberlestock.com/collections/...16875830345779
    And that’s a day sack !

Comment

• Bit of a bad choice IMHO. Snipers will often carry a full Bergens load of kit and then some when going out on an extended op. By introducing this pack it is compromising their ability to carry everything they need and forcing them to choose between the sniper pack(which has a built in rifle scabbard) and the normal Bergen( which doesn't).

To the best of my knowledge these packs are replacing the current sniper drag bags and will not be personal issue but a unit pool issue.Another bad idea as it prevents user customisation.

The new sniper clothing is only issued out to "Active" Snipers as decided by OC IWW.Why couldn't a proper modular Full size Sniper Bergen have been issued in the same way?
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Not a fan of the new shirt design, personally. Were pockets really that bad?
        IMG_3147
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
          Not a fan of the new shirt design, personally. Were pockets really that bad?
          IMG_3147
          Especially when the shirt material itself isn’t suitable for tactical use

Comment

• It’s not meant for tactical use. It’s barrack dress
            Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Then what are PDF recruits and 2*s and all of the RDF supposed to wear if that's the case. Honestly if we are effectively going for separate uniform for barracks and field wear it should just be admitted and the scale of issue changed to reflect that and not pretend that the stuff is suitable for both.

Comment

• Originally posted by spider pig View Post
                It’s not meant for tactical use. It’s barrack dress
                Absolutely
                But isn’t the argument for no pockets partially to do with CBA?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  Absolutely
                  But isn’t the argument for no pockets partially to do with CBA?
                  Thought it was so that the shirt would be unisex? The UBACS shirt is for use with CBA, surely?
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                    Thought it was so that the shirt would be unisex? The UBACS shirt is for use with CBA, surely?
                    Not sure if unisex

Exactly

Comment

• Think The removal of pockets was more to do with the absolute suffering it inflicted on females
                      Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Female rep on DFCC lobbied for their removal.
                        And yes. Recruits/2*'s and RDF do not get issued UBACS so they wear the DPM shirt in the field in warm weather. Not exactly a level playing field. IMHO RDFRA would be better off lobbying for things they might have a chance of getting such as getting Boonie Hats and UBACS added to the RDF scale of issue then the fluting around with big tickets items they probably won't.

RDF Officers and SNCO's also let the side down by not submitting Observer Input Reports (OIR's) on kit deficiencies to DF lessons learned section after every exercise or field activity. Imagine if that section was bombarded with OIR's all saying the same thing. Surely someone would take notice.No?

As for the DPM shirt design. Lighter more breathable material which is a plus,but a retarded pocket layout which is a negative. Tenner in the bet that DJ1 doesn't take into consideration the different designs of DPM shirt out there when A9 is amended to address the wearing of the new subdued unit flashes. Which BTW seems to be a scarlet pimpernel item of kit. No one has seen or been issued them that I know of.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                          Female rep on DFCC lobbied for their removal.
                          And yes. Recruits/2*'s and RDF do not get issued UBACS so they wear the DPM shirt in the field in warm weather. Not exactly a level playing field. IMHO RDFRA would be better off lobbying for things they might have a chance of getting such as getting Boonie Hats and UBACS added to the RDF scale of issue then the fluting around with big tickets items they probably won't.

RDF Officers and SNCO's also let the side down by not submitting Observer Input Reports (OIR's) on kit deficiencies to DF lessons learned section after every exercise or field activity. Imagine if that section was bombarded with OIR's all saying the same thing. Surely someone would take notice.No?

As for the DPM shirt design. Lighter more breathable material which is a plus,but a retarded pocket layout which is a negative. Tenner in the bet that DJ1 doesn't take into consideration the different designs of DPM shirt out there when A9 is amended to address the wearing of the new subdued unit flashes. Which BTW seems to be a scarlet pimpernel item of kit. No one has seen or been issued them that I know of.
                          OIR - first I heard of it TBH. There IS a formalised process then? How is this done - IKON?
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

OIR - first I heard of it TBH. There IS a formalised process then? How is this done - IKON?
                            Yup. Standardised form.Download an amend as required.Upload completed form to DF LL Cell. Also there is a clothing and footwear feedback portal on the D ORD page in the DCoS Support section on IKON.

Comment

I've seen it done and work. Generally speaking it helps if the person reciving the form has something pointed out to them which causes the reaction "I need to fix this or I'm potentially getting my ticket for not acting on it"

Comment

• Excellent stuff, I must have a look for those forms next time in.

Comment

Working...
                                X