Army Reserve Recruit Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Reserve Recruit Training

I am just wondering if there is any detail available on the syllabus for Army Reserve recruit training. I haven't been able to find anything online or the site here.

I'm interested in how it compares to PDF training and how the process of moving from recruit to private 2* and then private 3* is condensed.

The detail is hardly unavailable due to security reasons?

The syllabus is indeed not public There is plenty of discussion in back posts here though.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Not every subject is covered, most of the fitness aspect has to be done in your own time, not as long is spent on some subjects

Comment

I'm obviously no mod but I can imagine why the details of which aren't available on the internet, according to the DF there's probably more than they want already out there.

You'd be far better finding someone who is or has been involved in recruit training and having a good chat with them about it!

Comment

There no doubt is a lot of detail out there already. I just don't know where to find it! I guess I'll just have to trawl through threads on here and possibly boards.ie.

If anyone wants to PM me any detail, feel free!

Comment

Have a ska here
            https://bootcampmilitaryfitnessinsti...tary-training/

scroll down to section 3.1

Cant discuss exactly what we do in the Defence Forces, but one would imagine that you will most likely cover some theory and some practical of each of these sections in any nations army - and a diet version for reservists.

hope this helps
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
              Have a ska here
              https://bootcampmilitaryfitnessinsti...tary-training/

scroll down to section 3.1

Cant discuss exactly what we do in the Defence Forces, but one would imagine that you will most likely cover some theory and some practical of each of these sections in any nations army - and a diet version for reservists.

hope this helps
              Thanks very much for the above. I'm certainly going to have a read. You wouldn't happen to know if the training structure is similar to British Army Reserve training? There is quite a bit of detail about that online.

Comment

I would surmise that it's similar but less lengthy and intensive, as (sad to say) our reserve is really a Diet Reserve or a Reserve Lite.
                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

some certainly need a diet, it is true
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I suspect that there is good scope for training to move more in line with PDF standards rather than the current "Lite" version, however there no existing legislative support to facilitate this. - Job Security etc.
                    Scheduled fun will commence at 1900Hrs.
                    Punishment beatings will continue until moral improves.

Comment

Originally posted by AC182 View Post
                      I suspect that there is good scope for training to move more in line with PDF standards rather than the current "Lite" version, however there no existing legislative support to facilitate this. - Job Security etc.
                      Can you get min 6 months off work just to get to 3* ?

Comment

Sounds like there could be a lot done with even a little investment. A small few million even. Oh well....

Comment

Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
                          I am just wondering if there is any detail available on the syllabus for Army Reserve recruit training. I haven't been able to find anything online or the site here.

I'm interested in how it compares to PDF training and how the process of moving from recruit to private 2* and then private 3* is condensed.

The detail is hardly unavailable due to security reasons?
                          I don't mean this to be disrespectful but it is not even remotely comparable to what Recruits in the PDF go through, both in terms of tempo and the subjects covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                            I don't mean this to be disrespectful but it is not even remotely comparable to what Recruits in the PDF go through, both in terms of tempo and the subjects covered.
                            No one is suggesting that the content is exactly the same, they are interchangeable or that the tempo is the same.

However, all the lessons in RDF syllabus are in the PDF one (there is a lot more lessons in the PDF syllabus yes but one is based on the other)

Comment

More importantly aulsod will you be able to give 5-10 days of your annual leave every year for the forseeable future plus a couple of hours a week and the odd weekend? If you can't don't bother!
                              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X