Annual fitness test grades/age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    It is my opinion that regardless of corps or unit, you should set a target of grade 1 in your age group. As an infantry NCO I always set my target as grade 1 for 18 - if you're going to lead a section with 18 year olds in it, you damn well better be fitter than the best of them. Lead from the front!
    I couldn't agree with you more. I'm currently down at grade four for my age category and will be having a fitness test in a few weeks. I'm realistic about how much I can get done before the date though. I will be striving for grade 3 and onwards after that. The fitness aspect was one of the reasons I joined.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      That’s for those aged 30 to 34 (ie under 35)

For info grade 3:
      Push ups - 32
      Sit ups - 26
      3.2 km - 15:41 mins
      10 km - 81 mins

For info the first 3 are in sports gear

The 10km is (generally cross country), can be as they say in a UK “a cheeky one” (eg hills etc). It is done in uniform and boots carry battle vest and patrol pack (which must weigh min 14 kg).

Note if you plan to consume any water that you have included in that 14 kg, it must still weigh 14 kg at the end of the 10km (as a very very rough guide if you plan to drink a litre of water during the 10km you’d be carrying min 15 kg)
      And my next target!

Comment

Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
        I couldn't agree with you more. I'm currently down at grade four for my age category and will be having a fitness test in a few weeks. I'm realistic about how much I can get done before the date though. I will be striving for grade 3 and onwards after that. The fitness aspect was one of the reasons I joined.
        You’d be surprised the motivation can be gained by running (semi competitively) in a group.

Finishing ahead of younger people and/or more senior ranks helps too

Comment

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, is the final grading for the test a composite of all three?

For example a grade 4 on the run, a grade 3 on the PU+SU and a grade 3 for the 10km march would be overall a grade 3?

Comment

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, is the final grading for the test a composite of all three?

For example a grade 4 on the run, a grade 3 on the PU+SU and a grade 3 for the 10km march would be overall a grade 3?
            You will be individually graded 1-6 based on the amount/timing for each element.

There are 3 parts to “ITs” (annual fitness test)
            Part 1 is screening - any injuries, BMI etc
            Part 2 - the push ups, sit ups and 2.4 km
            Part 3 - the 10km

For part 2, you’ll be graded in each of the 3 elements and the average is the final grade for part 2. Eg you get grade 1 in PU, 3 in SU and 2 in the run you get grade 2 for part 2.

You must get minimum grade 4 in each element to pass and if you fail any element you can’t go onto the next.

The part 3 receives a stand-alone grade (you must have successfully got min grade 4 in part 2 within 8 weeks of attempting part 3.

In summary,
            At the end you’ll receive a grade for part 2 (PU, SU and 2.4km) and a separate grade for part 3

Comment

Hello folks doing the Cosantoir 10km run around the same time as the fitness tests can be useful , I have done this in the past & it definitely helped my 1960,s carcass over the line!!
              Bohs till I die

Comment

Hi all,

If someone has the grade 1s scores for over 35s that would be helpful too

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                  Hi all,

If someone has the grade 1s scores for over 35s that would be helpful too
                  Which age group?

There is 17-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, >60

TI 05/2007 is the document you want.... it is not restricted

Comment

Which age group?

How can the document be accessed Dev? I don't have access to the DF intranet. Is there another source?

Comment

How can the document be accessed Dev? I don't have access to the DF intranet. Is there another source?
                      Your unit, just ask for the relevant pages and say that you want to try to get grade 1
                      Last edited by DeV; 23 September 2018, 21:21.

Comment

Sorry 35 to 39. Im asking here because im trying to get a programme made, and it will be much quicker to get a response here.

Comment

Which age group?

TI 05/2007 as of the ammended version in 2015 IS restricted - although i dont know if there has been a further ammended version that is not now restricted.
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                            TI 05/2007 as of the ammended version in 2015 IS restricted - although i dont know if there has been a further ammended version that is not now restricted.
                            The Amendment 8 (Feb 2017) as far as I know isn’t.

Either way if your serving (or a civvy GP signing an AF14C) you need access to it

Comment

Hey all, related to this I have my first ITs in years coming up. Can someone remind me whether headphones are permitted on the 3.2k or part 3? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Echo View Post
                                Hey all, related to this I have my first ITs in years coming up. Can someone remind me whether headphones are permitted on the 3.2k or part 3? Thanks
                                Can’t see anyone stopping you, seen them used in the past

Comment

Working...
                                X