Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  218
Dislikes Dislikes:  11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the RFP it is a system that is requested no mention of a number of aircraft or that they have to be the same: Taking due regard to the requirement to conduct multiple roles with an annual fleet output of up to three thousand (3000) hours, Respondents’ proposals can include single aircraft type or multi-variants of a single-aircraft-type solutions.

Given that the annual combined total for the CASA & Cessna fleet was under 900hours for both 2017 & 2018 on Maritime Patrol that leaves a lot of hours for transport functions. Does this mean that we will get a couple of C-295W transporters?

Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EUFighter View Post
    While announcing our order Airbus also announced the Czech order of 2 C295 in a transport configuration for €102m, so at least we know what one would cost. Although I take it that this order also includes a large support package and even offsets (always make the price higher).

Last year the Italians ordered an ATR72MP which is has a similar role (except the transport part) as the C295MPA, they paid €44m in a deal that included training and logistics support. The list price for the civil version being €26m. It would interesting to know why the C295 is double the price? Remember both aircraft have the same engine the PW P127 and the engines make up a large part of the cost.
    The Czech order also includes upgrading the existing fleet of 295's to the current spec, wonder if that might have played a role in the costs?

3. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EUFighter View Post
    In the RFP it is a system that is requested no mention of a number of aircraft or that they have to be the same: Taking due regard to the requirement to conduct multiple roles with an annual fleet output of up to three thousand (3000) hours, Respondents’ proposals can include single aircraft type or multi-variants of a single-aircraft-type solutions.

Given that the annual combined total for the CASA & Cessna fleet was under 900hours for both 2017 & 2018 on Maritime Patrol that leaves a lot of hours for transport functions. Does this mean that we will get a couple of C-295W transporters?
    Go back to 2005 (pre financial crash):
    CASA maritime patrols - 1382 hrs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Go back to 2005 (pre financial crash):
    CASA maritime patrols - 1382 hrs
    Back in 2005 I had hair!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky42 View Post
    The Czech order also includes upgrading the existing fleet of 295's to the current spec, wonder if that might have played a role in the costs?
    The difference between the M model and the W model are the winglets and apparently uprated engines although the PW127G has been certified since 1999 and I have not seen any uprating logged with EASA. But to give the benefit of the doubt adding the winglets, replacing the engines and maybe a few other items too would normally be between 3-5m.

7. Thanks Graylion thanked for this post
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    All they need now is the manpower to crew them , fix them, provide ATC for them and to accompany them to Spain for maintenance.....and a few bob for training, too.

Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like

Little video on the Canadian SAR model, recently delivered.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

10. Thanks Flamingo, sofa thanked for this post
    Likes Tempest liked this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard the C295s to be acquired will be similar configuration to the Canadian FWSAR models. Unfortunately don't have much additional to add to that in terms of spec etc. Would be great if they had a silent option on a 3rd transport one... 2021 Christmas present lol

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Heard the C295s to be acquired will be similar configuration to the Canadian FWSAR models. Unfortunately don't have much additional to add to that in terms of spec etc. Would be great if they had a silent option on a 3rd transport one... 2021 Christmas present lol
    From what I've seen of the Canadian model they will use the same radar, Wescam, night vision capable cockpit, but the Air Corps C295 will have additional sensor and communication equipment. Internally they will be different too, the Canadians with less equipment built-in up front giving them more space for cargo if they need it.

13. Thanks DeV, meridian, pym thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, meridian liked this post
    Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
    From what I've seen of the Canadian model they will use the same radar, Wescam, night vision capable cockpit, but the Air Corps C295 will have additional sensor and communication equipment. Internally they will be different too, the Canadians with less equipment built-in up front giving them more space for cargo if they need it.
    Everything will be placed as far forward as possible, with delivery pencilled in for end of 2022

15. Thanks meridian thanked for this post
    Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) just took delivery of 2 Beechcraft King Air B200 for MPA, including top cover and anti pollution patrol. Similar colour scheme as our old ones too. Delivered 8 months after contracts signed. Meanwhile Our Coast guard still have no dedicated Top Cover aircraft.

http://hmcoastguard.blogspot.com/202...unched-to.html
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

17. Thanks Tempest thanked for this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by na grohmiti View Post
    UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) just took delivery of 2 Beechcraft King Air B200 for MPA, including top cover and anti pollution patrol. Similar colour scheme as our old ones too. Delivered 8 months after contracts signed. Meanwhile Our Coast guard still have no dedicated Top Cover aircraft.

http://hmcoastguard.blogspot.com/202...unched-to.html
    The root of the issue here is that CHC were quite happy to sign a lucrative contract without a dedicated FW top cover aircraft. CHC were also happy to accept using one of their own helicopters to act as top cover and continue to do so.

It will be interesting to see what they look for in the next contract renewal.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on a similar procurement for CHC in Ireland. As in, who will pay for them, who will operate them, who will maintain them, who will fly them etc.

Copy and paste of the MCA agreement or different?
    Last edited by Chuck; 17th February 2020 at 10:48.

19. Likes Shaqra, Rhodes liked this post
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    so how does it work for a fixed wing aircraft? Does it always fly top cover for every "shout" or just heavily involved ones? Does it get the training flights requirement like the helicopters?

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
    so how does it work for a fixed wing aircraft? Does it always fly top cover for every "shout" or just heavily involved ones? Does it get the training flights requirement like the helicopters?
    I'm not sure if that question is targeted at me or not. Are you talking about the UK deal linked above or about CHC.

If it is the latter, I don't know, you would have to ask someone familiar with their ops procedures.

I assume there is some red line considerations that warrant top cover such as operating "X" NM from the coast etc.

Thread Information