No announcement yet.

CASA Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw that the Czech's are ordering 2 more cargo 295's for themselves with delivery in 2020, so I'm presuming after that would be the likely period for any order from us? How well will the 235's perform out to that?
    Janes | The latest defence and security news from Janes - the trusted source for defence intelligence

Comment

• RFPs due for the Casa replacement on June 20th, so hopefully everyone's handed in their paperwork for exam 1, and are being scrutinised for exam 2. Regarding the C27J, saw this model/vaporware proposal on another website; the armament might be a bit more that being looked for in our programme, but shows it could be a possibility, if it's ro-ro systems suite is integrated correctly

* http://www.navyrecognition.com/index...c-27j-isr.html

The production line might be a bit quieter than the C295, but might make the aircraft a bit more possible as a contender than it was previously.

Comment

• Again see post 33

Comment

• The Air Corps show off latest additions to help in the war against overfishing.

Comment

• Contrary to the ministers promise, we got neither additional aircraft or additional ships.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmit� View Post
              Contrary to the ministers promise, we got neither additional aircraft or additional ships.
              Niamh made an 8 ship Navy

A 9th is on the way

It did take a while in fairness
              Last edited by DeV; 17 July 2018, 23:47.

Comment

• What we actually got is one for one replacements with three of the current fleet looking at retirement in the not to distant future, so if builds for the peacocks and Eithne are not signed off within a very short space of time, given build times we could actually be back to where we were in 1987/88.

Not to mention can we crew all these ships continually.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• The NS was a 7 vessel Navy until Niamh made it 8 in 2001

It remains to be seen if GBS will become a 9th vessel or if Ciara/Orla/Eithne will be retired before a CPV replacement or MRV goes to tender

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    The NS was a 7 vessel Navy until Niamh made it 8 in 2001

It remains to be seen if GBS will become a 9th vessel or if Ciara/Orla/Eithne will be retired before a CPV replacement or MRV goes to tender
                    I get the feeling that the future ships will need to be at least on the blocks before they decommission anything........but only as long as the current CoS remains.

Given the man power shortages we could lose ships very fast and not plan rebuilds until we have sufficent people to put the newer ones to sea.If we go down that route we could see a replacement for Eithne but never for the CPVs. Again I reckon with the CPVs that we could get a single OPV to replace the two. If anyships eed to be tied up because of manpower shortages it will be a huge game changer and will be used as an excuse to replace hulls one for one.

The NS was a 7 vessel Navy until Niamh made it 8 in 2001
                    Nope as L.E. Deirdre was still in Srvice until 2001, became an 8 ship Navy in 1999 with the delivery of L.E. Roisin
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• When was Setanta paid off? I have memories of her still cluttering up the basin after Eithne entered service. So she would have been in service in 1982, when the NS had CM10, CM11, CM12, P20, P21, P22, P23 and A15
                      Thats 8 to me.
                      Sorry for going off topic. I blame dev.

Comment

When was Setanta paid off? I have memories of her still cluttering up the basin after Eithne entered service. So she would have been in service in 1982, when the NS had CM10, CM11, CM12, P20, P21, P22, P23 and A15
                        Thats 8 to me.
                        Sorry for going off topic. I blame dev.
                        Yeah I tried that maths but Setanta was long gone before I joined in 1985 and Eithne had only been in service 12 months at that point....and Banba had decommissioned in 1983...and was gone a year later... I then did the maths with Ferdia Setanta and Banba in the equation.. and still came up short as that was 77/78 and Aoife and Aisling had yet to enter service

Comment

• Still though, 80-82 we had an 8 ship navy (even if we couldn't put all of them to sea).

Comment

Still though, 80-82 we had an 8 ship navy (even if we couldn't put all of them to sea).
                            My one and only trip on a sweeper was on Grainne, got as far as Roches point...towed back.....

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                              got as far as Roches point...towed back.....
                              You or the sweeper ??

Comment

• Just posting this for info - it's a preliminary evaluation of the CN235-300 with quite a lot of detail.

I know we're expecting the C295M, but there's a lot of crossover between the two including: the vehicles that could possibly fit, potential countermeasures systems/RWR, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X