Pilatus PC-12 NG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

Like this one? Originally there was a white square though.
    Thats the one, I'd ditch the white square though.

Comment

• Question lads.

How short of a runway could the MATS PC 12 get into? They’re rated for 800m, but I wonder with the right procedures, weight restriction rules & training, could they get into some of our shorter airfields such as the Aran Island strips? (540m Inis Meain, 520m Inis Oir, 480m with 40m runoff space either end Inis Mor, 610 at Inverin)

A big ask, but I’ve heard of it done before, not sure about the numbers though...
      If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slacker View Post
        Question lads.

How short of a runway could the MATS PC 12 get into? They’re rated for 800m, but I wonder with the right procedures, weight restriction rules & training, could they get into some of our shorter airfields such as the Aran Island strips? (540m Inis Meain, 520m Inis Oir, 480m with 40m runoff space either end Inis Mor, 610 at Inverin)

A big ask, but I’ve heard of it done before, not sure about the numbers though...
        Technically the answer is it is possible. Landing and take-off distances are to clear a 15m obstacle. The ground roll of a PC-12 at start is 452m, so with a good pilot and good weather, no crosswind it should be possible.

Comment

• If it survives the landing and can be reused, getting off with one pilot and a minimum of fuel, into a headwind, it's entirely possible. You might need to buy the pilot a new pair of y-fronts but it's feasible.

Comment

• Comment

• are they ever going to paint that thing
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Herald View Post
                Thats the one, I'd ditch the white square though.
                Why ditch the white square? That was the way the Hurricanes were finished and served in that scheme during their service

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Kearns View Post
                  Why ditch the white square? That was the way the Hurricanes were finished and served in that scheme during their service
                  If I were putting it on Pilatus, the white square would be too reflective.

Comment

A narrow band of white between the green and gold instead.
                    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Last edited by Soarhead2; 14 March 2024, 18:07.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                        Is this it over Belgium now?

RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Your link isn't working, but it left Cologne at around 2.30pm local, heading back home now, so probably was.
                          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

The white square was discontinued many years ago. the last types to carry the white square were the Seafires and the Miles Magisters 1946 and 1947.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Kearns View Post
                              The white square was discontinued many years ago. the last types to carry the white square were the Seafires and the Miles Magisters 1946 and 1947.
                              Was there a version of the two colour boss used (without white) ? and what craft used it?

Comment

Was there a version of the two colour boss used (without white) ? and what craft used it?
                                The two colour boss was first introduced on an Avro 626 no A10 in June 1934 and was later applied to other types later. The white square was first introduced in April 1941 in response to a request from the ACK ACK boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X