Pilatus PC-12 NG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by warthog View Post
    Yes I knew that Brian, but I figured that was mainly due to lack of operational use rather than any problems with the runway?
    it’s a shame to lose it as an asset so close to the border
    Disliked in error

Offset by Sligo Airport being close by I suppose, longer range and endurance of PC12

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
      Disliked in error

Offset by Sligo Airport being close by I suppose, longer range and endurance of PC12
      To be fair, the PC12 is designed to land on worse. A functioning DoD would examine the feasibility of keeping both Finner and Gormo open as military airstrips.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Finner is short and leaves no room for error. I'd rather land a heli there any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
          To be fair, the PC12 is designed to land on worse. A functioning DoD would examine the feasibility of keeping both Finner and Gormo open as military airstrips.
          Both could be maintained to be able to support helicopter operations with stuff like refueling facilities and as a minimum runway lighting. Gormo could handle the PC-12 as well as the runway is long enough although it could be a tick wider.

Comment

• How far is Donegal Airport from Finner? Having a DF detachment there if needed should be feasible?
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
              How far is Donegal Airport from Finner? Having a DF detachment there if needed should be feasible?
              The opposite end of the County. About an hour and a half drive to Daniel O'Donnell land. (And possibly the dreariest Road in Ireland)

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                PC12-NG continues to earn it's keep in Irish service.
                Bit in Irish Examiner about Air Corps discontinuation of support to the HSE on today 11th February 2021. ???

Comment

• Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                  Bit in Irish Examiner about Air Corps discontinuation of support to the HSE on today 11th February 2021. ???

Comment

• Love the line that says , The agency has been using pilots to deliver Covid-19 test samples to a laboratory in Germany , are the single or twin engine pilots !
                    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• They'll be single engine Jet Pilates pilots .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Orion View Post
                        They'll be single engine Jet Pilates pilots .....
                        Despite the semantics, it is a pity that we built up the appropriateness of the use of aircraft at this time of national Crisis ( 70% infection rate with UK variant ) and then pull the plug for an unspecified reason? I presume the trips to Germany will have to have an alternate cover. We do need fit for purpose and on call.

Comment

• I assume that there is sufficient lab capacity in Ireland that is the reason

Comment

• Bit of a tangent but something I think should be looked at for a future upgrade to the Spectres.

PrecISR airborne surveillance radar is Hensoldt’s latest technology response to tackle the challenges of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions at Air, Sea and Land. Designed for a wide range of airborne platforms (UAVs, helicopters, fixed wing and special mission aircraft), PrecISR is the ISR sensor of choice for armed and security forces for SAR and ISAR imaging, to mitigate human and drug trafficking, piracy and smuggling, illegal fishing, terrorism, oil dumping or any other environmental threat
                            Thanks to its software-defined radar modes and electronic beam steering, PrecISR can detect and track simultaneously more than 1,000 targets in order to identify the “needle in the haystack”. There is literally no “escape zone” for non-cooperative targets when PrecISR is being operated, enabling, for example, a rapid identification of maritime vessels that do not have corresponding AIS or IFF signature.

Offering a large diversity of software-defined radar modes (SAR, GMTI, ISAR, MMTI, Range Profiling, AMTI, etc.), which are perfectly adapted to most mission profiles, PrecISR can perform several different tasks at the same time in all three domains: air, sea and land.

Equipped with the latest generation of AESA antenna technology (GaN: Gallium Nitride), PrecISR offers double the radio frequency power of a traditional AESA antenna. That means that, despite its small size and low power consumption, it can still provide outstanding performances and high-quality images.

Even in the most challenging environmental conditions and sea states, PrecISR users will take advantage of an unrivalled level of situational awareness with significant flight cost savings.

As PrecISR is a single-component “plug-and-play” radar, its low compact design makes it much easier to install, maintain and upgrade than other radars. For example, it does not require any penetration of the fuselage and can be dismantled within less than 30 minutes.

PrecISR airborne surveillance radar is Hensoldt’s latest technology response to tackle the challenges of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions at Air, Sea and Land. Designed for a wide range of airborne platforms (UAVs, helicopters, fixed wing and special mission aircraft),

Comment

• oh, look, a Cessna Caravan....

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                                I see the DoD turned down a second PC12 when offered it

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-39378948.html

Comment

Working...
                                X