Pilatus PC-12 NG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTU View Post
    Interesting that the "Director of Emergency, Operations & Infrastucture Oversight" in the DoD doesn't seem to be in on any of the emails published.

https://whodoeswhat.gov.ie/root/defence/
    Neither is the CoS or the GOC AC.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
      Neither is the CoS or the GOC AC.
      Or the then Minister or his Mini-Me, but there is a paper trail regarding "advice from GOC AC and DCOS Sp (who seems to be the person, that DoD are suggesting, advised one aircraft due to hanger space and personnel.)

I get a feeling the 30yr release of information from the DoD under Maurice's control, will read like the episode of yes minister were it turns out Sir Humphrey was responsible for a major screw up in a previous defence contract, only he won't be around to answer for them.
      It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
      It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
      It was a new age...It was the end of history.
      It was the year everything changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
        Wonder what the blacked out part is?
        The security sensitive bits

Comment

Or the then Minister or his Mini-Me, but there is a paper trail regarding "advice from GOC AC and DCOS Sp (who seems to be the person, that DoD are suggesting, advised one aircraft due to hanger space and personnel.)

I get a feeling the 30yr release of information from the DoD under Maurice's control, will read like the episode of yes minister were it turns out Sir Humphrey was responsible for a major screw up in a previous defence contract, only he won't be around to answer for them.
          They wouldn’t send it on until there is a recommendation from DoD to the Minister

Comment

Interesting that the "Director of Emergency, Operations & Infrastucture Oversight" in the DoD doesn't seem to be in on any of the emails published.

https://whodoeswhat.gov.ie/root/defence/
            Notice how practical nothing has been heard from OEP

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
              The security sensitive bits
              The old chestnut about The Official Secrets Act. Are they trying to protect Secrets, or Officials?
              'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
              'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
              Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
              He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
              http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                I see the DoD turned down a second PC12 when offered it

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-39378948.html
                Apparently on advise of DCOS

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  Apparently on advise of DCOS
                  It does appear that way if you read it in a certain way, but what I see is Quinn saying no to the plan for 2 aircraft, then DCOS (or is it ACOS?) coming back with a new business case, which the SecGen agrees with.

Of course you know if it came down to PQ the minister would throw the uniform under the bus.

Comment

It does appear that way if you read it in a certain way, but what I see is Quinn saying no to the plan for 2 aircraft, then DCOS (or is it ACOS?) coming back with a new business case, which the SecGen agrees with.

Of course you know if it came down to PQ the minister would throw the uniform under the bus.
                    Yet again the Dept/Sec Gen stifles the betterment of the organisation they oversee. Seems like denying funds for the sake of it with funds available. What's so hard to grasp? Buy two to guarantee continuous availability during the biggest international crisis in generations.

Comment

• I am heartened to see most of the push was coming from others within the DoD who clearly see this as a good deal, ripe for picking. They appear to have the best interests of the state, and in turn the defence forces in mind throughout the well thought out proposal, at a time when nobody knew what was happening. The pubs had just closed and Paddys day had just been cancelled.
                      Except the recently retired SecGen.

Comment

• I guess the question is will a further PC12 (fifth) be procured?

If at any point in the future that happens and the numbers (Euros) are not as favourable, will the civil servants be held to account??

Again I guess probably not thanks to the mutual handcuffs agreements

Hey Ho !!!!!

Comment

• Hopefully the TD from Kildare south will be asking for more detail on this from the minister in coming weeks. The air Corps isn't exactly awash with aircraft. I'm sure pilots could be found too. The one we got wasn't long clocking up useful hours.

Comment

Hopefully the TD from Kildare south will be asking for more detail on this from the minister in coming weeks. The air Corps isn't exactly awash with aircraft. I'm sure pilots could be found too. The one we got wasn't long clocking up useful hours.
                            You forget that at times the couldn’t be found to keep one of the top priorities (EAS) operational

Comment

• No reason to refuse a spare aircraft at a reasonable price.

Comment

No reason to refuse a spare aircraft at a reasonable price.
                                Certainly not when it's a multi decade asset.

Comment

Working...
                                X